Someone Else Finds Out...

It was the weekend, and everyone was thankful, as they were all shattered from the late night before.

Lana's friends had planned to spend the day in Hogsmeade, browsing through the shops and drinking butterbeer in The Three Broomsticks.

Lana had woken up later than usual, and she was the only one left in her dorm. She got dressed, slipping on a grey off-shoulder sweater, black jeans, and white sneakers. She brushed out her hair and applied some light makeup, before heading down to the common room.

When she got to the bottom of the stairs, a few people were staring at her, and whispering things to each other, but Lana didn't know why, so she brushed it off and walked over to find Rowan.

"Hey, Lana." Rowan greeted with a smile, "Last night was amazing, wasn't it?!"

"Yeah! It was probably the best night of my life." Lana sighed, smiling.

"Anyway, it's getting near 10. We should probably meet the others!" Rowan grinned.

*************************************************************************

On their way to Hogsmeade, Lana got some more glances from other students, but little did she know that Barnaby was having the same trouble.

Barnaby was approached by Merula and Ismelda when he was sat in the Slytherin common room waiting to meet his friends.

"What's this rumour about you and Riviera then, traitor?" Merula demanded.

"I don't know what you're talking about." he honestly replied.

"Everyone's been saying that you and Riviera were snogging in the corridor last night." Merula continued.

Barnaby's eyes widened, he didn't know what to say. He didn't know if Lana knew about it, and he didn't want to upset her by saying the wrong thing.

He just glared about both of them and walked out of the room, heading to Hogsmeade by himself.

A few students were staring at him, and whispering things to each other about him. A couple of the girls from last night approached him.

"You could do so much better than Riviera, Barnaby." one Slytherin told him, "Why would you want a good for nothing Gryffindor? Especially that one, she's a mess."

Barnaby wasn't in the mood, so he just glared at her and pointed his finger at her.

"Don't you dare talk about Lana like that. You don't know her, so shut your mouth." he angrily said, before shoving his hands in his jean pockets and walking off.

He was the last of the group to arrive at Hogsmeade, despite leaving first. He took a few detours to give him time to think about everything people have been saying.

When he saw Lana, all his worries melted away and a huge smile crawled across his face.

She ran up to him and gave him a hug. He buried his face in the crook of her neck, and held her close.

They pulled away and he leant down so that only she could hear him speak.

"I think people saw what happened last night..." he told her, "Merula said that there was a rumour going around that we were snogging in the corridor."

Lana looked up at him in shock. "What did you say?" she asked.

"Nothing, I just walked out. I didn't wanna upset you by saying something wrong, you know?"

"Aw you're too thoughtful, Barny." Lana smiled, kissing his cheek, "We'll work something out, don't worry." she finished, making him nod and take her hand, lacing his ringed fingers with hers.