Another Lesson

Rakepick has sent another owl, inviting Lana and several others to the Training Grounds. Barnaby didn't like it, as he was worried Rakepick was up to something, but he knew Lana was smart enough to avoid trouble.
She made her way to the Training Grounds to be greeted with Bill, Rowan, Ben, Merula and Ismelda there too, like the last time.

"I'm glad to see everyone returned. I expected at least one of you to cower in the face of competition...I'm looking at you, Mr Copper." Rakepick said.

"Please don't." Ben said quietly, making Lana feel sorry for him.

"What curse are you going to teach us tonight?" Ismelda asked.

"I won't be teaching you anything tonight, Miss Murk. You will be teaching one another.

"Curses?" Bill wondered.

"Curses. Charms. Transfigurations. Potions. Punches. I've never believed in putting restrictions on duelling." Rakepick listed.

"You want us to duel each other?" Lana asked.

"As you well know, it's highly unlikely that you'll be able to enter a Cursed Vault without facing a fight. Duelling is the best way to improve your combat skills. I can't imagine a better way to determine who should serve as my assistant than by rewarding the last one standing."

Lana didn't like how sinister Rakepick sounded when she said that last line. It made her feel uneasy, and she knew she didn't trust Rakepick at all, despite how skilled she may be, something was off.

"Who would you like to duel, Miss Riviera?"

"I'll duel Ismelda. I still owe her for what she did to Barnaby." Lana frowned.

"Ooo precious Barnaby." Merula mocked, Lana rolling her eyes.

"When I'm done with you, I'll finish off that traitor..." Ismelda hissed at Lana, making her blood boil.

"I swear, if you touch him, I'll-" but Lana didn't get to finish her sentence.

"That's quite enough, ladies!" Rakepick sternly interjected, "I sense some genuine hatred between you two. This should be fun..." Rakepick smirked, amused.

"Prepare to duel. We will see who truly deserves to enter the next Cursed Vault..."

Lana and Ismelda duelled. Lana put all of her anger into every spell she fired at the Slytherin girl, getting her revenge for everything she'd done to her, or Barnaby, or any of her other friends.
In the end she won, leaving Ismelda looking very angry indeed.

"Well done, Miss Riviera. I'd like to see you employ a bit more viciousness, but that should come with time." Rakepick praised.

"Next time we fight, it will be to the death, Riviera." Ismelda threatened.

"That's enough for tonight. You will each receive a letter when it's time for our next meeting." Rakepick dismissed the group, "Please stay behind, Miss Riviera..." she added, "I would like to teach you a spell. One that aligns with your specific interests...Would you like a private lesson?"

"Of course - I want to learn every spell I can." Lana answered.

"I appreciate your determination, and your thirst for knowledge. Expect an owl when it's time for your private lesson. In the meantime, good luck with your efforts to enter the Forbidden Forest..."

Lana looked suspiciously at Rakepick, but walked off to find her friends.

***********************************************************************

Lana made her way to the Great Hall to meet her friends, when Ismelda stopped her in the hallway.

"I will kill you one day, Riviera." she hissed.