A Ball? pt.2

Lana was talking to Andre and Tulip in the artefact room, when Barnaby came bursting through the doors.

"Lana! Good, I've found you! We have an emergency! Come with me quickly!" Barnaby panted.

"Oh! Ok, um see you guys later!" Lana called to the others as Barnaby dragged her out of the room by the hand.

"What's going on?" Lana asked confused.

"You'll see!" he replied.

They arrived at the Herbology greenhouse to be met with Penny and Tonks. Penny looked distressed, so Lana asked what was wrong.

"We forgot flowers for the Celestial Ball decorations!" she panicked.

"THAT'S the emergency?" Lana asked, laughing in disbelief.

"Did I forget to tell you it was a decorating committee emergency, Lana?" Barnaby asked, slightly embarrassed.

"Yes! I thought something terrible happened!" Lana fretted.

"Something terrible did happen! We forgot flowers! What's a ball without flowers?!" Penny continued to frantically.

""My answer is 'Celestial'." Tonks joked, "Do we really need flowers to decorate the Great Hall?"

"We certainly need flowers to make boutonnieres and corsages ." Penny told her.

"Blimey, that's genius! We can decorate ourselves!" Barnaby exclaimed excitedly, making Lana giggle.

"Exactly. Sprout said we can pick from her flowering plants. Flowers will be my crowning achievement as head of the decorating committee! And it's all thanks to you, Lana! Not only did you help me get elected, but you always supported me." Penny smiled.

"Aww thanks Penny, but you did all the hard work!" Lana smiled back.

"It's wasn't enough. The decorations still need something..." Penny wondered.

"Magic? Because I voted for magic." Tonks suggested.

"I was going to say 'flowers', Tonks."

"Can we start picking flowers? I really want a buccaneer!" Barnaby said, not realising that he used the wrong word.

Lana giggled at this and corrected him.

"Barny, it's called a 'boutonniere'." she laughed.

"Oh! Thanks, Lana." he laughed, putting an arm around her. She leant into his side and smiled.

"Yes, let's get the flowers before Sprout changes her mind." Tonks told them.

They picked the flowers that Sprout told them about. They gathered enough to make decorations and accessories for the ball, which Penny was very thrilled with.

"Thanks, guys! This has really helped me out." she smiled to the other three.

"No worries!" Tonks said, "I can't wait for the ball!"

*********************************************************************

Lana and her friends were sat in the Great Hall, talking about what they were going to wear to the ball.

"Lana! What are you wearing to the ball?" Penny excitedly asked her.

"I'm not telling." Lana replied with a mischievous smile.

"Awh! Please!" Penny continued to beg.

"No! You'll see tomorrow!" Lana chuckled.

"Well whatever it is, I'm sure Lana will look gorgeous." Rowan complimented.