After the Match

Barnaby arrived at the Hospital Wing just as Lana was waking up. He saw her and rushed over to her side, taking her hand in his and rubbing his thumb over her knuckles.

"Hey, Lana." he smiled.

She flicked her eyes over to him, and smiled.

"Hey, you." she croaked out.

"How you feeling?" Barnaby asked her, face full of concern.

"Like I've been hit in the head with a bludger." she joked.

Just then, Skye, Orion and Penny entered the room, scouting the beds for Lana. They saw someone in green robes, and they knew that where Lana was, so they rushed over to her bed.

"Barnaby Lee?" Skye asked curiously, as her and the team didn't know that Lana knew him.

"Yeah?" he replied, turning round to face her.

"What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be with your team?" she continued to question him.

"Probably, but Lana means more to me than that." he honestly replied.

"Barny, you're such a sweetheart..." Lana said quietly, lifting her hand up to stroke his face gently.

Barnaby leant down and kissed her forehead lovingly.

"Lana! Are you alright, hun?" Penny asked worriedly.

"Yeah, I'm fine, my lovely..." Lana replied drowsily.

"Our team won the match! We defeated Slytherin, the scores were 350-200!" Orion told her.

"Yayy..." she continued airily.

Lana wasn't feeling right - her head was throbbing, she was tired, and it made her act as if she'd been drinking a few Firewhiskeys.

"Are you sure you're ok?" Barnaby double checked, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

She nodded, and stretched out her arms.

"I want a hug." she whined, like a little kid.

Barnaby laughed and leant down to hug her, but she grabbed his face and kissed him instead. He kissed her back for a few seconds, cupping her cheek in his hand, before pulling away.

"What just happened?" Skye asked in shock.

"Oh yeah, they're dating!" Penny excitedly squealed, but realised what she'd just said when Barnaby turned around to look at her with wide eyes.

"Smashing!" Skye laughed, "That will make our next matches together interesting!"

***********************************************************************

Barnaby was still sitting with Lana after an hour. The others had left a while back, leaving them alone.

"What happened to the mean guy who hurt me?" Lana frowned.

Barnaby chuckled softly. "Don't worry, I took care of him." he told her.

"Did you know that you look really hot in your Quidditch robes?" Lana told him randomly.

"Well, I do now!" he laughed, kissing her cheek. "I was really worried about you out there..." he told her.

"Don't worry! I'm ok! Look at me!" she said, still sounding drunk.