The Vault of Fear

Lana, Barnaby, Rowan And Tulip stood outside the door to the library, ready to find and open the next Cursed Vault.

"Are you ready to break another Cursed Vault, Lana Riviera?" Tulip asked the brunette.

"Of course! My friends are behind me, and I've done everything I can to prepare. I'm ready." she confidently answered.

Barnaby gazed at her in admiration, until she looked at him and smiled sweetly, which he returned with his signature grin.

"You're our leader. Your brother would be proud." Tulip continued, snapping them both out of their trance.

"You sure you wanna do this, Barnaby?" Lana kindly asked the boy.

"To be honest, I'm not 100% sure what we're doing. So...yeah, why not?" he laughed in response.

"Fair enough." Lana chuckled, "Rowan?"

"To be honest, I'm mostly worried about losing my Library privileges..." she replied, looking worried.

"Good. I brought the book that we found from the Ice Vault."

"Alright. Let's go over the plan." Tulip started. "Rowan will distract Madam Pince. Once she's out of the way, Lana Riviera and I will hurry over to the Restricted Section, and find the entrance of the next vault. Finally, if Merula tries to interfere, it will be Barnaby's job to hold her off."

"I got the best job!" Barnaby winked at Lana, causing her to smirk at him in amusement.

"As soon as we're inside the vault, Lana Riviera and Rowan will take the lead and break the curse on the door." Tulip spoke again.

"Let's go - we can do this as long as we all work together." Lana said optimistically.

**************************************************************************

Once inside the library, Lana, Barnaby and Tulip waited back, whilst Rowan went over to Madam Pince to tell her she'd left her Self-Inking Quill on a shelf.

After hearing the sound of footsteps running, the three friends knew that it was their cue to head over to Rowan.

"Not bad, Bookworm." Tulip chuckled.

"I've read my fair share of practical joke books." Rowan stated.

"Pince won't be gone long. Let's get to the Restricted Section." Lana announced.

***********************************************************************

Once they reached the Restricted Section, Lana was about to break the curse on the vault, when she was rudely interrupted by Merula and Ismelda storming in!

"Following me again, Riviera?" Merula sneered.

"You know you're always following me! What do you want, Merula?" Lana retorted.

"I want whatever's inside that vault. Same as you, but just for a much less pitiful reason."

"I just want to watch you all bleed..." hissed Ismelda.

Barnaby noticed Lana tensing, so he squared up to the Slytherin girls.

"Walk out that door before I knock you both through the wall!" he threatened, moving in front of Lana.

Merula was unfazed by this, however.

"Barnaby, you idiot. You can't fight me."

"Hey!" Lana defended, shooting Merula a glare.

"It's my job to fight you! You come any closer, and I'll crush you!" Barnaby was getting more angry by the second, and Lana noticed.

She placed a comforting hand on his shoulder, feeling him relax slightly as she did so.