part five- cant sleep

Dream laid in his bed, staring at the ceiling blankly. It was dark and silent, not a single noise to be heard. Not even the rain was audible. Yet something wouldn't let dream fall asleep. He felt as if there was something in his head telling him to 'stay up.' He just couldn't stop thinking. It was a tortuous war between Dream and his own thoughts. He just wanted them to shut up. He wanted to get through the night without thinking about Sam. He didn't to hear his thoughts telling him how much of a screw up and baby he was. He was tired. Tired of it all.

He felt something like an itch in the back of his head. A constant thought telling him to hear Georges voice. He didn't know why, but he needed to hear his voice. He needed George to tell him everything was fine like he always did. But why George? what made George so appealing to his head that he needed him? 

Dream turned over, curling his knees to his chest and squinting his eyes. Why couldn't he just sleep peacefully for once? Should it be so difficult?

He sat there for a couple moments, battling his brain for one last time. Finally he sharply turned the other way, ripping his phone out. He stared at the bright screen debating one last time if he should call or not. Slowly sitting up, he unlocked his phone and opened George's contact. He felt the cool wood of his headboard on his back as he took a deep breath like George had told him to do every so often.

He pressed the call button and brought his phone to his ear, letting his head fall back. What was he doing?

Just as he was about to end the call, he heard a soft "hello?" from the line. 

"hey" dream whispered.

"I thought you were asleep" George questioned.

"I was trying."

"Is there something wrong-" he began only to be cut off by dream.

"George I have a question"

"yeah?"

"um... it might sound babyish"

"dream its fine just ask"

"no this was dumb sorry ill go"

"No!" he said a bit to eagerly, coughing to hopefully cover it up. "stay on the line its fine just ask"

"do you think... you could help me fall asleep? like talk to me and.... stuff...." he mumbled nervously.

George giggled and agreed, "of course silly"

"oh uh thanks" 

"do you have your computer?"

"i can get it"

"facetime me on there"

"why?"

"just trust me"

"alright" he let out a short breathy chuckle as he got up to grab his computer. he ended the phone call and began ringing George on his computer as a video chat.

He laid the computer on his bed, the soft white light illuminating his face as George answered the call. His hair was a little messy, but it was....cute. 

"hi dream" he smiled. his smile. His smile was always so bright. So happy. George looked calm, his eyes containing a soft gleam.

"hey"

"alright so put the computer next to your pillow"

"ok?" he watched as george turned his lights down and placed the camera next to his pillow. "now we're both here, together. see?"