part twelve- everyone needs a little comfort

(put ur seatbelt on this is a ROLLERCOASTER)

about a week later

"Dream?" George called into the darkness, rushing through his friends house, trying to find the cause of the pungent smell of smoke. He had woken up in the midst of the night to a crackling sound, and the air seeming much thicker than normal. Though what truly woke him up was the fire alarm.

His first thought was "I need to make sure Dream is safe. No matter what" so he searched the house for his friend.

He ran through a thick cloud of dusty smoke, coughing at the large amounts of it he was consuming. He continued to hurry to the cause of the smoke, light illuminating the hallway the closer he got.

He turned the corner to see Dream, standing in the middle of a ring of fire, not daring to move.

"Dream!" He yelled, panic rising in his chest. "Dream what are you doing! You're gonna get hurt" Clay's head twitched, before he slowly turned to face George. George's breath hitched in fear as he saw the expressionless face look at his own.

"Then so be it" He said with anger in his eyes, as he stormed to George, effortlessly walking straight through the fire. He gripped his shirt, pulling him into the burning flames. George screamed in agony as he watched his Dream burn, tears flowing from his eyes. He was a goner.

George flew up from his reclined position on the couch, his chest rising and falling rapidly. A nightmare. He did his best to breathe, but the fear lingering in his head prevented him from doing so. He shut his eyes tightly, raising his hand to his chest to grab onto his own shirt. He felt slow tears burn at his eyes before rolling down his cheeks.

"go to dream. check on him" A little voice in his head told him. He hesitated, wondering if it was the best idea to do. He did need someone, but he also needed to be strong for dream.

Could he?

Was it ok if he let his emotions show for a little?

"no" He told himself despite his heart wanting him to say otherwise. He shouldn't bother him, especially with all he's going through.

He told himself this, but ultimately his legs found themselves bringing him to Dream's bedroom door.

"I shouldn't disturb him"

He slowly raised a fist to the door, taking in the best deep breath possible at the moment, shutting his eyes as he did.

"what are you doing? Just go back to bed."

He drew his fist back ever so slightly, about to knock. However, when he went to bring his hand to knock, he was met with a warm body. He looked up into bright yet tired eyes belonging to Clay. He watched Dream's eyebrows furrow displaying the concern he felt for George. Without saying a word, he pulled the shorter boy into his chest, wrapping his arms around him as soon as he saw those chocolate brown eyes looking a little more red and glossy than regular. Soon, two shaky arms found themselves wrapping around the younger boy tightly as more tears began to pour. "Shhh" Dream whispered as he raised one hand to stroke the shorter hair at the back of Georges neck. "I'm right here." George couldn't lie, the comfort in Dream's arms made him feel safe and protected, immediately making him feel significantly better. The circles being rubbed into his back, and the hand gently brushing through his hair made the tears and his breathing slow from the fast pace they began at. George nestled his head into the crook of Clay's neck, his hair tickling his forehead.

The pair stayed like that for a couple minutes, dream continuing to rub his back soothingly until his tears stopped. Even after George had calmed down the two didn't dare to move. Well that was until George pulled back very slowly, only to rub the back of his hand on his nose, sniffling as he did.