part ten (pt 2)

Dream sat at the kitchen table, gripping onto a cold glass of water he had been sipping from for the past couple minutes. George stood next to him, leaning on the table, looking straight at dream, concern evident in his furrowed eyebrows. He rubbed his free hand on Dreams shoulder, doing his best to relax him as much as he could. When he saw Dream's hands become less shaky, his face relax, and his breathing even, he quietly broke the silence. 

"Are you feeling bette-" only to be cut off by Clay exclaiming "I'm so sorry George"

"What? Why would you be sorry" He laughed nervously as he knelt down to match the level Dream was at. 

"I completely ruined the stream. It was supposed to be fun"

"Now that, is the dumbest thing I've ever heard" He replied, wrapping him in a one-armed hug, kissing his temple lightly. "You and your well-being is much more important than a stream. Plus I got Sapnap online to entertain the stream while I came to check on you." There was a pause as Dream opened his mouth to speak, immediately shutting it. "Its ok say it"

"How do you do that?"

He looked at Clay, his face reflecting his confusion. "Do what?"

"I don't know!" He said, a tone signifying he was just as confused as George. He looked up at George before continuing. "How are you so comfortable around me? Don't I weird you out? I mean yeah I tend to be affectionate but you are too? Like how you just kissed my head- do you feel weird about it? Plus you just always care for me. And you always know what to say."

He laughed nervously, "Well why do I feel comfortable around you? I mean you're my best friend Dream. Sure I don't show my affectionate side often, but I have it. I'm not great at expressing how much people like you mean to me, but no I don't feel weird about it. And of course I care for you! Dream I wouldn't be anywhere without you. I am so so lucky to have you, but don't let it go to your head" He joked, causing dream to laugh lightly with him. Dream looked at George, his entire heart full, and his body warm. A smile grew on his face at the words spoken by his friend.

"I care about you too George" He paused, "Wait your stream is still on."

"Oh yeah, we should probably get back to it. Is yours still on?"

"No I shut it off. There were so many people pressing and digging into what happened and it was too much. I've never reacted to stuff like that but I guess I couldn't handle it."

"Do you want to just sit with me?" Dream shyly nodded his head in agreement, prompting George to stand up and lightly grasp his hand, pulling him up with him.

"Oh yeah also," George began "Its not gay to kiss your homies" He joked.

/////

George hurried back to his stream, turning on his mic to say "Im here! Sorry! I needed to feed Cat!" he lied. He turned his head to the wide open door, as Clay rolled his chair into the room, sitting directly next to him. 

He stayed quiet as George streamed with Sapnap, occasionally adding a comment here and there. 

The stream was much more relaxing on George's side, and Dream found himself pretty happy with it. But of course, after a couple hours, all three of the boys had to go, for it was dinner time for the people in Florida. They bid their stream goodbye, talking a bit longer with Nick after. When the call was ended, George and Dream made their way to the kitchen, George preparing the food against Dream's plea to just eat noodles. It was a peaceful night, dinner and a movie, all in all pretty relaxing. 

///

George made Clay let him sleep on the couch, despite Dream offering him his own bed. Though there was no winning the argument for Dream, ultimately letting George have his way. They slept through the night. Well, that was the truth for one of the boys. The other wasn't so lucky.

---

IM SORRY THIS CHAPTER IS SHORT AND A CLIFF HANGER. imma try and update again today. I was just gonna include the next big thing to happen in this chapter, but the next chapter should be pretty long, so I decided against it. I have to go somewhere so ill start writing after. BUT it is some angst, well kinda. you'll see. okokok I won't spoil it so bye