part nine- dance

The two friends enjoyed a peaceful breakfast together, exchanging funny stories about the other's lives. Once they had both finished eating, Dream took the 'responsibility' of placing the dishes in the sink, rejecting George's offer to clean them saying he'd "clean them later." Dream also rejected George's help cleaning up his house, telling him to just sit back while he does it, requesting him to think of what they could do after he finished up.

"Dream just let me help it'll go faster!" George begged as Dream lightly pushed George in the direction of the couch. 

"No! It's my mess I'll do it" he laughed.  It was too early in the morning for George to push any further, so he listened, falling onto the couch with his arms crossed. As soon as Dream began cleaning up, George decided to make this fun. Pulling out his phone, he tapped on his music app, pressing play on whatever song decided to pop up. Maniac by Conan Grey. "More music??" Dream exclaimed, exaggeration evident in his tone.

"Well if you're not going to let me help I'm forcing you to at least have fun doing it." George responded, standing up excitedly. He scanned the room for any object that could representing, his gaze landing on a remote. He hurried to grab the remote, pivoting sharply as he holds up the object as if it were a microphone. He dramatically mouthed the words to the song, acting as one would if they were performing at a concert. He bounced around the room a little, trying to get Dream to join him.

"George you're such an idiot" He laughed as he walks over to the bin to discard empty cups, his confused gaze staying on George 'dancing' around the room carelessly.

"Am I? hmm" he pretended to think as Dream walked back into the living room. He suddenly reached for Dreams hands, pulling him around.

"George!" He yelled in response.

"Come on" George said laughing, dragging out the 'n' of the word 'on.'

"No way sorry"

George shrugged his shoulders as he waited for the pre chorus of the song to come on.

"Cause people like you always want back what they can't have, But I'm past that and you kno-" He 'sang,' which sounded like a teen girl in 2011 screaming Justin Bieber lyrics at his concert with their voice lost, but was cut off by Dream clasping a hand over his mouth.

"Oh my god shut up!!" He wheezed. "You sound horrible- GEORGE ew!" He yelled, removing his hand, which George had the audacity to lick, from his mouth, and rubbing it on his jeans. 

"Well when you put your hand over someone like me's mouth, what do you expect to happen?"

"You're actually such an idiot"

 So maybe George was being slightly childish, but Dream found it to be incredibly difficult to take his eyes off the British boy trying to force him to dance. He felt genuine joy bubbling in his chest at the bright shine in George's eyes and the giggles erupting from his friend. George began to 'sing' along with the lyrics, only to be cut off by Dream yet again, 

"If I dance with you will you be quiet?" He jokingly questioned, a remote being shoved into his hand in return. "I'll take that as a yes" He added once George began scanning the room for another object to use. Dream quickly ran into the kitchen, grabbing a ladle and handing it to George upon his re-entry. 

Dream rolled his eyes before pointing his finger at George, mouthing the words "you just went too far, wrecked your car, called me crying in the dark" adding dramatic hand gestures to enhance the performance.

The two boys eventually lost themselves in the music, laughing at the other's movements. They danced together, neither one caring about how dumb they looked. They pulled at each others hands, sang into non existent microphones, and bounced around. It was the most Dream had smiled in a very long time. Time seemed to fly by as more and more songs ended and another one came on. However, after about 10 minutes of this behaviour, the boys found themselves drained of energy, falling onto opposite ends of the couch. George reached for his phone, pressing pause, prompting silence to fill the room.