part eight- talking through

The fuzzy rug covered floor probably wasn't the smartest place to fall asleep, which George learned the hard way. Of the two boys in the florida house, George was the first to wake up, a cramp growing in his neck from sleeping on the floor for 6 hours. He went to rub his eyes and stretch, but stopped when he realised where he was. His hand was still locked with Dream's and his other was still tangled in his hair. Dream's face found itself burrowed further into his shoulder, snores, so quiet they were barely audible, escaping his parted lips. 

George felt his face heat up "was it weird to sleep like this? will dream be uncomfortable and weirded out when he wakes up?"

No, George didn't regret holding him the way he did, or kissing his forehead... twice... but he was more worried about how the person on top of him would react. Last night Dream seemed to not mind the position, but that could've been his mental state distracting him. "should I move?" He wondered, unsure of what to do. Moving might wake dream up, and he looked too peaceful to interfere with his sleep. Though in contrast, staying might cause Dream to have to wake up like... this. 

George was snapped out of his thoughts when Dream shifted, a groan sounding as he did. George's hand began to gently pet his hair again, almost like it was a reflex. George felt a quick squeeze on his hand, as if Dream was trying to tell him he was awake. 

"Good morning" He spoke softly. George chuckled at dreams little "mhm" as a response to him. George pulled his hand out of his hair and reached to poke dreams cheek playfully. "come on wake up" he said dragging out the p. He went to sit up, but was stopped by dream pulling him back down.

"why would you move I was comfortable" A hoarse voice spoke. 

"Because i'm hungry" He replied looking down at dream, who's head was tiled to face his own. "come on!" he laughed. Dream rolled onto his back and crossed his arms as george propped himself up on his hand. 

"No" He pouted.

"Yes come on I want food." George said, pulling himself off the ground and onto his feet. He walked over to Dream, grabbing his hands and helping him up. As he finally got his friend to stand, he walked over to the lights and switched them on, turning around to face Dream as he did. 

"Its bright"

George laughed at this, a smile sneaking onto his face as he did. "I didn't know you were such a baby in real life"

"Leave me alone"

"hmmmm no, no I don't think I will" Dream chuckled, and walked closer to George. George noticed how large his sweatshirt was, for the sleeves covered his hands. The two looked at each other for a moment, confusion evident on George's face. The smile returned as Dream lifted his arms and made grabby hands. "Wow clingy too? this is so unlike you Dream" He joked.

"Just come here please"

"Fine"

Dreams arms looped around Georges neck and in return George's arms found themselves holding onto his back, grasping the soft, plush material of Dream's hoodie. Dream's chin rested on the top of George's head as the two swayed ever so slightly. "whats this for?" George asked quietly.

"Thank you for last night. You didn't have to do any of that."

"I was worried I made you uncomfortable"

He chuckled and replied "Never. Seriously thank you"

"Of course Dream"

There was a short silence until Dream joked "sorry for making you sleep on the floor, especially on your first night."