part eleven- leave

(a/n be ready >: D)

The night was quiet in the Florida man's resident. So very quiet that George could almost hear the chirping of crickets outside the house. It was the perfect night actually, a perfect temperature, not too cold but not too hot where you could have a blanket and still be comfortable, quiet, sweet dreams for the both of them. Peaceful. 

Well that was until George was risen from his sleep after the loud rapping on the front door. He shot up from the couch, pushing his blankets off of him as he did. He rushed to the door, quickly opening it in order to prevent the noise from waking up Dream at this ungodly hour. Rubbing his eyes, he looked up to see a frustrated girl with long hair, and a taller man with dark brown hair standing further away. He was about to ask who she was until he noticed the small feline in her arms. It was Dream's ex. 

"Why are you here so early-" He began, immediately receiving a finger in his face shushing him.

"Where's Clay" she questioned.

"He's asleep" He replied sternly, crossing his arms. 

"Well can you go get him"

"No"

"Why not"

"Because he needs his sleep. Plus I don't want him seeing you."

"Oh what he got a weak ass boyfriend to protect him" She mocked.

"Im not his boyfriend. I just want him to sleep." He took a deep breath, trying to contain the not-so-friendly terms he wanted to yell out. 

"I mean I always thought he was gay. He sure acted like one of those homos" She scoffed.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Well he's just like you! Sensitive, way too friendly with males, and you know, just gay."

"Is that all you came here to say?" George said, using every bit of strength not to raise his voice. She placed Patches on the floor, the cat immediately sprinting through the door and into Dream's house. 

"I don't have custody of the cat so no I came here to drop it off. I also wanted to speak with Clay but your dumbass won't let me because he's a baby" She laughed as she spoke.

Now George was never one to raise his voice. No matter how rude someone was to him, the comments and words bounced right off of his thick skin. He would never yell. But something about her calling his closest friend anything even remotely rude brought out an anger in him that he's never felt. 

"Seriously? You know how much you hurt Clay? You cheated on him as he was pouring his entire heart out to you! He was so good to you and you know it. Anyone would be lucky to have him, I'm so sorry you took advantage of that. You have no right to come to his house and call him these things. Even if he was gay, what's wrong with that? At least he wouldn't date you ever again, he at least learned to fix his standards." He hissed through gritted teeth. There was a tense pause, that was broken as Dream's ex raised her hand, harshly slapping him in response. "Get out now"

"What? You can't even take a slap? Jeez how much of a bitch are you?" George took a deep breath, calming himself down.

"Don't contact Clay, and definitely don't show your face here again." He glanced at the dark brunette, shaking his head at him in disappointment before shutting the door. He was immediately returned with quick and loud knocks on the door and a muffled "coward open the door" being repeated over and over again. 

He walked over to the bathroom mirror, turning the lights on as he did. His right cheek was dark red, and upon touching it, was warm. He brought a hand to lightly touch the redness, freezing as he noticed the lights in the hallway turn on.