part ten- I thought it'd be fine

(direct continuation of the previous chapter)

The two boys sat and pondered on what they would do today, both generally unsure of what they could do. Dream, however, had an idea lingering in his head, though he wasn't entirely confident in how well it would turn out. He hesitated for a moment before quietly saying "I have an idea." His words were met with George turning to look over at him, nodding as he did, which signalled him to continue on. "Well I was thinking about it... What if we streamed? I mean we've both lacked any form of content and it might be fun?"

He took notice of the shift of expression on his friends face, going from intrigued to concerned. "Dream are you sure that's a good idea? Are you going to be able to handle it?" 

He shrugged, letting out a "yeah." He would be fine, right? What's the worst that could happen?

George paused, debating on whether that could be the truth, before ultimately stating "Well then, I guess I'll set my stuff up here. We're both streaming?"

"I mean that's what I had in mind but whatever you want." He replied with a smile.

"Yeah so we should probably be in different rooms. Where should I go?"

He showed George to his spare desk in the room next to his office space, and followed by going to his own computer to set up his stream. 

After a short period of time, the two friends had set up both their streams, just waiting to press the light green button that read "go live."

"You ready George?"

"Of course"

"This is so stupid we're calling each other from two rooms right next to each other"

"Well we aren't supposed to let people know I'm here right?"

"I guess" He shrugged again before telling George he was about to go live. In a mere five seconds, he watched his viewers sky rocket up to 8,000, which was much larger than his normal count on his occasional streams. His chat was flooded with people saying "OH MY GOD HI," or "WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN." He felt his heart patter a bit faster than normal, which confused him. Why should he be nervous? It's a normal stream, no? He shook off his own thoughts, switching on his pretty upbeat personality.

"Hello!" He said excitedly, earning a giggle from George through his headset. 

///

The stream began pretty averagely, apart from his hectic chat spamming "Why did you and sam unfollow each other," and different variations of that message. They were all itching to know what really happened, but luckily for Dream, he was able to stay focused on the survival world rather than the chat. He spent time annoying George by constantly chasing after his in game character, trying his hardest to kill him. He was also responding to the floods of donations that all seemed pretty kind and humorous. 

All was going well for George and Dream, well that was until the people dying to know what happened to Dream entered the TTS. Thats when all the joy Dream gained from playing minecraft with George after a long time, the kind donations, and the general rush you gain from streaming completely drain from his body.

It was nearly impossible to ignore the overwhelming amounts of questions about his situation at this point. His breath caught in his throat as his heart rate began to rapidly increase.