The Memories...

-(The Next Day)-

(Cloud's POV)

"I want you to stay with me..."

Man....I said that..

I sighed and opened my eyes to the sound of chirping birds outside. Images of last night were still stuck in my head, (Y/N)'s sad face....her warm touch...her smile...

I turned to my right and realized that (Y/N) wasn't there, at first I was freaked out until I heard her and Marlene laughing downstairs. I sighed with relief and made my way downstairs with the others.

"Hey Cloud!" Marlene said with a bright smile. I smiled at her and waved, but when I turned to the kitchen Aerith, Barret, and Tifa were glaring at me. I gulped and turned to (Y/N) who just shrugged. "Hey Cloud..come here for a sec." Aerith said with a sneer. I could feel my heart beating faster as I slowly walked to her, I looked at Red to see him shaking his head sadly. I sat down next to them as Barret slammed a glass of apple juice in front of me.

"So..what happened last night?" he asked.

"I heard some yelling upstairs...I hope you didn't do what I think you did.." Aerith growled.

"Look she was gonna leave and..and I asked her not to..."

"Why?" Tifa asked, everyone was on the edges of their seats.

"B-because..I-I..I wanted her to stay with me..." There was a long moment of silence before Aerith and Tifa screamed super loud hurting my ears.

"So cuuutttee!" Aerith and Tifa said giggling.

Barret patted me on the back with a smile, "Welcome to manhood, SOLDIER boy!" Barret said happily. I sighed, "You guys are idiots.." I said with a smile.

"Anyway, some people wanted our help with exterminating monsters. So I was wondering if you and Barret could go and help them." Aerith said. I nodded, "Yeah, no problem." I said with a smile. (Y/N) and Marlene walked over to us, "You going daddy?" Marlene asked with a pout. 

"Yeah..but I'll be back in time to watch you make pancakes don't worry." Marlene smiled and nodded.  We took about 5 minutes to get ready before we were ready to leave waiting at the door.

"Alright then we'll see you guys!" Barret said with a smile.

"Come back quickly!" Marlene said with a smile.

"Please be safe..the both of you..." (Y/N) said. I nodded at her and smiled, but I quickly turned away because I could feel Tifa and Aerith's eyes watching me. Barret opened the door and we were off.

-(1 Hour later)-

"Yah!" I sliced a monster that was about to jump on Barret, "Thanks man!" he yelled as he continued to shoot monsters. 

I helped him out and then soon enough all the monsters were killed, I exhaled for the first time since we fought and leaned on my sword. "Man that was a lot of fucking monsters." Barret said wiping his face with his hands.

"You can say that again.." I replied. 

"Alright then let's go ho,-"

"Huh? Barret?" I looked up to see Barret frozen. I walked up to him and tried whatever I could to make him move, but he wouldn't budge an inch.

"So Cloud...we meet again.."

I turned around to see Sephiroth smiling at me, I growled and swung my sword at him but missed. "Now, now Cloud stopped getting so worked up... I only came to give you something." he said with a calm voice. 

He pointed at me and I started to feel strange..my body was getting weak and my eyes began to close, "Bastard..what did you-," but before I could finish I fell to the ground the last thing I saw was Sephiroth slowly walked towards me before my eyes shut completely.

-(In Cloud's Mind)-

"Hey...hey buddy wake up we're almost there." 

I opened my eyes and turned to my right to see nothing but rocks for miles and miles. From what I could tell I was on a truck  of some sort..

"Jeez you were sleeping forever bud, thought I would've had to slap you soon." I looked in front of me and was looking at man...that seemed so...familiar.. He had black hair, blue eyes, and a scar on his cheek that was in the shape of an x. 

"Who..." the man titled his head, "Who..what?" he asked. 

"Hey Cloud, and Zack we're almost there!" I turned back to the black haired man with wide eyes. "Z-Zack?" Zack turned to me and smiled, "Yeah what's up?" I covered my face with my hands as voices began to talk in my head.

"Hey Cloud.."

"I'm Zack, 1st class SOLIDER.."

"I got this sword from my former mentor..my Buster Sword.."

"You would be an excellent solider.."

"Cloud kill him! Kill Sephiroth!"

"You're my best friend..."

"I'll protect you.."

"You'll be.... my living legacy. My honor, my dreams...They're yours now.."

That''s right...I wasn't a first class....I looked up at Zack as tears started to fill my eyes..

You were...my best friend..who risked his life to save me...Zack..Zack Fair...the real 1st class solider...who died..for me..

I tried to reach and grab Zack but he disappeared and so did everything around me. I closed my eyes feeling nothing but guilt and pain in my heart...I was living a lie.... 

-(Reality)-

I opened my eyes and quickly stood up, I looked around and found Sephiroth smiling at me. "So...do you remember now? Who you really are?" he asked. I growled and pointed my sword at him, "Shut up!" I yelled and ran towards him, but before my sword could pierce him he disappeared.

"home.." I turned to see Barret moving again. He looked at me with concern, What's wrong?" he asked.

"I...I've been living a lie.." I said.

"What do you mean..living a lie?" Barret asked me. I put my...Buster Sword back and turned to Barret, "I just remembered some stuff.." I said not wanting to tell him how. Barret cocked his head getting more confused by the second.

"Just come on, let's go home...and I'll explain to everyone about it."

Barret nodded, "I'm sorry Zack....I'm sorry I couldn't remember you.." I whispered as me and Barret began running back to Aerith's house.

(END OF CHAPTER)

( I kinda felt ad for Cloud in this one, but I mean I had to make him remember in a chapter soon. Anyway I hoped that you enjoyed it my fellow readers and I hope that you're safe and that you'll have a good day, BYEE!)