Unwanted

Aizawa knocked on Todoroki's door, but no one answered. Aizawa waited a few seconds, and the door finally opened, but it was so Todoroki could leave the room, not invite Aizawa in. Todoroki looked mildly surprised when he turned to find Aizawa standing on the other side of the hallway. Todoroki didn't act on his curiosity, instead he started leaving to wherever he was trying to get to in the first place.

Aizawa sighted, thinking that Yaoyorozu was next on his list. She seemed a lot more willing to talk than Midoriya, and Aizawa had tired of half answers and being ignored. Aizawa wanted to help, not to wait around before it was too late. Aizawa knew that Uraraka was soon to crack, and Todoroki would eventually say something. Yaoyorozu wasn't going to be difficult either, nor was Kamanari and Ashido.

It was Midoriya and Bakagou that Aizawa was scared for. Bakagou would never talk, he was too prideful. Midoriya wouldn't talk either, he was too selfless. Aizawa wished that his quirk was to force people to tell the truth, but he didn't have that resource so he would have to work with what he had.

"I'm perfectly fine, Aizawa-sensei," Yaoyorozu smiled at him when he asked what happened. Yaoyorozu and Aizawa both knew that it was a lie, but each were daring each other to point it out first. Aizawa hated when he was tricked into games of chicken, but Aizawa hated most things so this wasn't something new.

"Yaoyorozu, I understand that you may not want to be a burden, and that I don't seem like the kind of person you would want to talk to, but please, tell me what is wrong," Aizawa said, lowering himself to sit right beside the vice president of his homeroom.

Yaoyorozu bit her lip, her eyes casted downwards. She played with her fingers, her nerves jittering in her system. She tried to say something, but her first few attempts were fruitless. Eventually, she started talking. "I'm not abused at home. My parents are wonderful people. But... I don't remember what my mom even looks like, or the sound of my father's voice. Every since I was little, they have always been away on business trips. I grew up all alone, without any friends or my parents. I found comfort in the idea of heroes, and I wanted to be someone who can protect others, letting everyone know that they're seen and wanted because... Because I never felt that way."

"That's called neglect, Yaoyorozu, and it might as well be a form of abuse. That isn't okay," Aizawa sighed. Yaoyorozu showed a few of the signs, as she always wanted comfort from her friends , and her lack of confidence could be the beginning stages of feeling unwanted. "Yaoyorozu, your parents may not have been around, but that doesn't mean that everyone will be that way. Your class loves you, and I do to. Your apart of this family, like it or not."

"Really?" Yaoyorozu smiled as tears rolled down her cheeks. She was silent as she absorbed the information, before she asked, "But why would any of you want me when my parents didn't? I should be my classmates competition, and nothing but a ward to you."

"I wish you kids could just be wards to me. But you each found a way to smuggle into my heart, and while I should expel you all for trespassing," Aizawa glared at Yaoyorozu, but it was fake, and the teenage girl knew that. It was much different than the glares her father gave her, which were colder. "But that'd deprive the next generation of heroes. Especially a powerful young hero named Creati."

"Thank you, Aizawa-sensei, I feel a lot better better after talking about it," Yaoyorozu changed the subject, refusing to believe she would be a great hero. Her confidence, or lack of it, was her biggest problem, and one of the things that she would need to overcome to be a hero, to follow her dreams. Yaoyorozu didn't think it was the worst problem to have, but it definitely didn't help in a lot of situations.

"You can talk to me any time," Aizawa reassured his student, before starting to walk away. Who would he see next? Midoriya? Bakagou? Kamanari or Ashido? Had anyone else arrived and Aizawa didn't know it? He sighed, looking back at Yaoyorozu. "I know that this isn't fair to you, but do you have any idea what's up with the others?"

Yaoyorozu pressed her lips together, sifting through what she knew. Absolutely nothing about Bakagou, Midoriya, and Todoroki, but she did have an idea on the other three. "Kamanari was recently diagnosed with a learning disability, and I fear that he is over working himself as a way to prove his doctor or parents wrong. Ashido must have met someone who made fun of her appearance. I don't know what Uraraka is going through, but I don't think she's been eating a lot lately."

"Thank you, Yaoyorozu. I'll be back, don't stay up too late, okay?"