Tired

Katsuki Bakagou stared up at the ceiling, his body begging to sleep but his mind unwavering in its pursuit to explain what happened that day.

He woke up to Pink Face's cry of bloody murder. Fearing that Aizawa was finally done with the aliens shit, he raced downstairs to discover the cause. Knock off Spider-Man and Off Brand Pikachu were keeping everyone herded in the living room, explaining that it was Female God's request. Bakagou threatened them to tell him why Martian was sobbing, Bakagou soon discovered the cause.

He saw that his childhood friend had offed himself. Jumped off the goddamn roof, and had the fucking nerve to smile about it. Bakagou had a dark look, guilt washing into his heart, he wanted to slam the glass to reach his friend, but Aizawa had smartly used his capturing weapon to fling Bakagou into the living room. That IcyHot bastard gave Bakagou a note, saying it was the damn nerds final note to him.

Bakagou grumbled as he tore the paper open, a wad of green hair tied with a red, blue, and yellow ribbon fell into his lap. He scrunched his nose at the weird parting gift, but the letter gave him an explanation he wasn't expecting.

Kacchan-
I don't have much to say to you. I'm sorry, for starters, for all this and everything I have ever done, since everything I do upsets you. Thank you, is probably the best I can say, for everything. I know what you did. I know how she hurt you. I know you haven't told anyone... But tell someone before you end up like me. Congratulations are in order. I want you to be the tenth holder of One For All. Eat this hair, and the power will come to you. Try not to destroy your body like I stupidly did. Last, good luck. I know you don't want to hear this... but I hope you become the next number one hero. Live a good life. Be the best person you can be. Protect your classmates. Save everyone. Most of all, kick some villain ass. I want you to know that you were a brother to me, still are, and I love you. Be safe, Kacchan.
-Deku

The nerd had the audacity to tell Bakagou that he was like his older brother only after he died. Bakagou wanted to be the one to kill him, and that was only his way of saying that if anyone dared harm Deku other than him, they better square up. Bakagou was a rash, temperamental human being who couldn't say how he felt without it being a threat. But Deku understood him. Deku knew that he was truly a kind person that would make a fine hero. Maybe that's why Deku choose him as the next user of One for All.

Bakagou wanted to talk to All Might about it, but the entire class was loaded up in vans, riding to the hospital where Deku was at. Aizawa wasn't there, but the rich idiots had their drivers license, so they were able to take everyone in three separate vehicles, each one filled with more people than recommended. Bakagou went with them, grumbling about he needed to yell at Deku for something as a cheap excuse that no one bought but didn't question.

At the hospital, Bakagou was about to cave in that bitches face, especially after he laughed with that twisted look in his eyes. Bakagou remembered all the nights Deku snuck into his house, each time after a massive beating from his father. Deku never told Bakagou who beat him up, simply saying he was clumsy. In elementary, Bakagou believed him, but as he grew older he was able to put two and two together to realize his father was an abusive asshat. Bakagou learned during that particular visit of Hisashi that he was also manipulative...

The class pestered Bakagou with questions about Deku's father, wanting to know how the ray of sunshine came from someone so sinister. Bakagou didn't say a word, but only because the nurse came in saying that the damn nerd tried suicide again, and was being brought into surgery. She asked them to comfort their teacher. Even Bakagou joined in on the hug, reluctantly patting Shitty Hair. When the hug disbanded, Round Face told the class she was telling the Blue Tinker Bell about the double suicide. They all went home, only to find a teary eyed All Might trying to get a hold of Auntie Inko without success. All Might stayed the night, taking one of the guest bedrooms.

Bakagou was in his room now, the memories and pain fresh on his mind. Without any hesitation, Bakagou grabbed the hair and note, making his way to All Might's room. Bakagou slammed his fist against the wood, rattling the door with the force. A tired All Might opened the door, surprised when Bakagou shoved his way into the room.

"I have no idea what I'm fucking do at goddamn midnight, but hear me out. The damn nerd wanted me to have the stupid quirk you two share. It's here in his damn suicide note to me. He also said I better tell an adult what's going on. You hear that you damn nerd, I'm following your shitty advice!" Bakagou whispered loudly, looking at the sky as if Midoriya was up there listening. "His dad is an asshole, an abusive one. Ever since we were little. I tried to toughen the nerd up by bullying him everyday, making him build up a fucking resistance but he's dad is horrible. That asshole fucking convinced my old hag to abuse me recently... That's why I was injured the other day. That's all I know about the damn whore."

After deciphering the odd mannerisms of Bakagou's speech pattern, the hero figured that Bakagou was saying that Midoriya choose him to be his successor, even providing the hair. Furthermore, Bakagou explained that Midoriya was abused by his father at a young age, up until recently, when Midoriya came to Heights Alliance to escape. All Might wondered if Inko knew, or if she was also mistreated. He had met the kind older woman enough to know that neither Midoriya deserved that kind of fate.

"I can't believe that damn nerd did it. He fucking called me his brother. Like I want to be related to someone so weak. If I was his shitty brother, I'd blow that asshole of a father into the sun," Bakagou explained, tears streaming down his face as an angry scowl showed his animalistic teeth. "He fucking left me with these asshats. Their all insane and crying over his stupid actions. I hope he fucking knows what he was fucking doing."

All Might pulled Bakagou into his arms, figuring that this was Bakagou's way of expressing his grief over the situation. He pulled a tough front, but he was breaking down on the side. All Might remembered how Bakagou said his mom was abusing him, and Midoriya's suicide must have been the straw to break the camel's back. The explosive blonde let thick, hot tears slide across his cheeks as he continued to berate his friend with half hearted threats. All Might rubbed his hair, waiting for the boy to quiet down. When Bakagou did, All Might personally tucked him into his bed. Bakagou tiredly complained about getting babied, but he did fight back as sleep overrided his actions and emotions.

All Might went back to his room, his own heart hurting for the teenager who had become so much more than a successor to him. Midoriya had become his something of a son to him, and learning of the suicide and abuse made his heart ache. Seeing Bakagou made All Might realize he could hide in his room, fading into his grief. When morning came, All Might needed to protect and comfort his students, and when Midoriya came home, not to that apartment he was beat in but to the classmates that loved him, All Might would be there for him as well. Being a hero was about saving people, even saving them from themselves.