Highest Bidder

Guys, I've been in such a slump for this book. I need to get this arc finished (The Yaoyorozu getting sold) so I can move onto the final arc, and maybe do an epilogue arc for closure. That means this book is close to the end, maybe ten more chapters or so. Thank you all for reading and commenting, and making the book worth writing! Don't forget that I have other books up after you finish this one, including an alternate take on this one where Midoriya died!
***

"We need to talk about this," Aizawa said, showing off the tablet to Yaoyorozu and Aka. Endeavor stood in the background, arguing with Burnin' over how to handle the case. Aizawa glared at them, before turning back to the girls. Aka read the tablet in surprise, eyes growing wide, but Yaoyorozu didn't need to, she knew exactly what this was about. Yaoyorozu waited for Aka to get finished, sliding around from the young teenager in case she began to freak out.

Aka didn't freak out. Her fists clenched, eyes narrowing, and a golden glow began to shine from inside her throat. With a low growl, Aka pounded her fist against the table, the thud echoing throughout the room to shut everyone up. Aka spoke in a low whisper, teeth clenched together as she glared darkly. "Even in jail, that man has damned me!"

Yaoyorozu instantly took Aka into her arms, her soothing aura calming the red head down enough for Yaoyorozu to explain what she knew about the situation. "Aka-san was born by... Well, a quirk marriage. She was made to be sold to my parents, and I was born to be sold. I didn't know this until recently, or else I wouldn't have applied for UA in the first place. It is odd how Aka-san ended up being the sister of one of my classmates. Perhaps there's an outside force trying to place us together."

Aizawa internally groaned. Of course it was human trafficking. Giving a cautious glance to Aka, Aizawa wondered if everyone in the Midoriya family were trouble magnets. Aizawa turned to Endeavor and Burnin', explaining the situation. Endeavor seemed upset over a quirk marriage, but Aizawa wasn't about to open that can of worms. They didn't really have a plan. If they busted the Yaoyorozu family, that could make other participants of this ring scatter and get more defensive as a safety precaution. Burnin' suggested they try to get as much information as possible before the bidding, and arresting the Yaoyorozu family the morning of, allowing them ample time to get as many people as possible while rescuing a UA student.

Aizawa reluctantly agreed, and Endeavor accompanied Burnin' to get all the work done. Aizawa turned back to Yaoyorozu, who was running a hand through Aka's hair. Yaoyorozu looked up at Aizawa as he sat down across from her in the desk chair. Yaoyorozu didn't move, remaining on the edge of her bed with Aka resting her head in Yaoyorozu's lap. Aizawa sighed, whispering, "Why didn't you tell me?"

"I didn't want to bother you. I thought if I ran away, I could save everyone, including Aka. I wanted to spend as much time with my classmates as possible though. I love them all. They've become like my family," Yaoyorozu admitted with a shrug and a sheepish smile. "My family is wealthy and powerful, and they can do anything they want. I tried to separate myself from them for the most part, but that isn't exactly an easy thing to do when they're as prominent as they are. Unfortunately, I've been subject to their whims since I was a child, even though I've hardly known them. They expected a perfect angel, even though they weren't there to make sure I was raised to believe in their ideals. They absolutely hated that I was becoming a hero. But you can't stop what you're heart wants, and I wasn't going to let them ruin my chances at heroics. I suppose they are still fighting the fate I've decided for myself."

Aizawa was a silent for a moment before he asked, "Do you remember what I told you, when we first started talking?"

"That we're family?" Yaoyorozu sounded so unsure as she reflected on the extent of their conversation from weeks prior.

"Yes. And families stick together. They love and care for each other, without any hesitation. All of your classmates, teachers, me, heck, even Aka looking at how you two are now, care about you, and will do whatever it takes to keep you safe. Ask any one of them, and they'd help you in a heartbeat," Aizawa said with a hint of a smile on his face. "We're going to keep you here, Yaoyorozu, and you will become a great hero. Hang in tight. The Endeavor Agency has got you covered."

"Thank you," Yaoyorozu whispers as tears fill her eyes. She exhaled sharply as Aizawa gave her a hug, his arms holding her in a calming grip that made Yaoyorozu realize how much she wished her parents had been around to hug her. Yaoyorozu hugged him back, crying into his shoulder. When they pulled apart, Aizawa took Aka back to her room, figuring that everything would be alright after this point.

Boy, was he wrong.