Our Pain And His Pain

Title:
ME: That's some communist shit right there

Momo Yaoyorozu hated herself. She didn't always, and before that day she didn't think twice about her self worth. While her self confidence wavered, Yaoyorozu believed that she was an exceptional young woman. However, after learning the pain Midoriya experienced, she felt stupid for feeling anything at all about her parents neglect. While she was on the opposite side of the spectrum as Midoriya, her pain seemed insignificant when she thought about what he witnessed in his short life versus the fact that she didn't witness anything her parents did. It made her seem petty.

Kyoka Jirou was also struggling. Her pain stemmed from helping her father, and here was Midoriya hiding his abusive one. It made Jirou appreciate the fact that while her dad sometimes pressured her, he never outright forced her to do anything she didn't want to do. He was always there to help her when she needed him, and he never asked any questions about it, he simply did. He loved and cared about her, and she had the nerve to be upset about repaying the favor? She felt stupid and heartless.

Tsuyu didn't feel any better than the other girls, even if she didn't look all that miserable. Midoriya was forced to hide how he felt, from his friends and his father. Tsuyu always wanted to express her emotions easier, but she never thought about it being a blessing. She never once thought about their needing to be a day when she hide her emotions. She always assumed that everyone was given an ability that her quirk had taken from her. How pathetic could she be?

Denki Kamanari was stupid. He knew he was at that moment more than ever. How in the world did care so much about how other people saw his IQ that he didn't even think about the others in that household who felt stupid without proof. Kamanari finally put the pieces together on why Midoriya studied so hard. Everything he did was either to save someone or impress his father. Kamanari was the same way, except his mother wouldn't have beat him if he came home with yet another failing grade. Midoriya was trying to convince his father that he wasn't useless with those grades.

Everyone Aizawa had helped only feel deeper into their problems as guilt overtook their systems. Aizawa noticed this and decided to call an emergency, mandatory meeting for all of the people staying at Heights Alliance, with some unintentional guests arriving. The Big Three, Eri, Shinsou, Yamada, and Toshinori all made a guest appearance, their pale faces still red and puffy at the edges. Aizawa sighed as he realized he had gotten more problem children when Midoriya did his action.

"You're all reading the letters Midoriya wrote. I know they will be upsetting, but you all need to see that Midoriya never once blames any of you," Aizawa said, and raised his hands as everyone began to protest. Aizawa called Mirio up with him, and the boy trotted over, their clashing appearances and attitudes creating an interesting dynamic.

"Midoriya wrote this in his letter to me. 'This may be too much to ask, but make sure that no one blames themselves. I'm doing this for a reason, but it's my fault, not anyone else's. I'll be the one to jump off, no one is pushing me. '," Mirio read the white piece of paper that was in his hands. The edges were creased so much that it was clear that Mirio had looked at that letter a lot, opening and closing the sheet enough time for it to be blatantly clear how much this affected him. Mirio gave everyone a small smile, helping Aizawa pass around the letters.

Momo Yaoyorozu -
What can I even say? You're so amazing! Not just your quirk, but the way you apply it. You also never give up on helping others, by teaching them, by supporting them in everything they try to accomplish. You follow the rules, almost to a fault, but you also guide others, showing them what to do and when to do it. I know we aren't close, but you did guide me when we went to save Bakugo. You didn't have to, but you, much like Iida, knew that we were going to attempt at saving Bakugo, and you wanted to keep us safe. That's admirable.
Don't doubt your capabilities. When I'm gone, we're going to need someone like you to keep UA on track with Iida. Grief is a powerful force, and while you shouldn't waste time mourning me, I understand that my absence will cause some of our classmates to slack off. Don't let them.
I have no idea why your parents wouldn't want to meet you, Yaoyorozu. You are a wonderful person, and a beautiful young woman. You will be the ultimate wild card to villains, Creati.
- Izuku Midoriya

Yaoyorozu felt happy tears rush down her face as a blush settled on her cheeks. No one had ever complimented her so much before, and she had never felt so eager to help people again. She swore in that moment that she would help everyone she could from then on. It would only be fair to the greenette that was sleeping upstairs.

Kyoka Jirou -
I see many things in your future, all of them amazing. I think it's totally rocking that you were willing to give up something so important to you for the sake of your father. I wouldn't be able to do that, not even for my mother or All Might. I remember one day walking in on you playing. While you were embarrassed, I was jealous of your amazing skills. I have two left feet and are tone deaf, so you playing something so epic? Left me speechless and envious.
I'm kidding about being jealous, but I do agree that what you did was nothing short of remarkable. You try so hard and passionately at everything you do in life, from music to hero work. I would never be able to put so much effort into anything, and yet you make me want to try harder than ever. I hope you realize soon that it's okay to have multiple hobbies. Music can make people happy, just as much as saving them can. Good luck on making it big!
Izuku Midoriya

Jirou felt speechless herself in that moment. Never had she thought that loving music could somehow be as important as hero work. For her, loving music seemed to make her a disgrace, since she didn't see it as being helpful. Jirou thought it was very sweet of Midoriya to help her feel comfortable with her choice to be a hero, even though her parents were totally fine with it. For once, Jirou really felt that her two sides were in perfect order with one another.

Asui Tsuyu
You're my friend. I know that I upset you when .I went to rescue Bakugo, way back when, but I will always care about you, ever since we stood on the deck of that ship, afraid and confused, when the darkness circled around us. I wanted to be friends with you then, and I want to be friends with you now.
You may not facially express it, but you vividly share your emotions. I freaked when we saw you crying, and we both were beyond excited when we got our hero licenses. We aren't as close as we should be, but I can tell right now that anyone who becomes friends with you won't regret it...
I hope you find happiness, and I know that any one that truly cares about you will understand that happiness.
- Izuku Midoriya

Tsuyu felt the tears fill her eyes as she realized that she wasn't alone. Midoriya must have always known how she felt, like Aizawa, and she hadn't realized. Tsuyu know remembered what it was like when she and Midoriya hung out. He always made sure she was smiling, her joyful smile making his own blinding smile flash before they went off to have fun or accomplish a school assignment. Tsuyu couldn't believe that she almost lost such a great friend.

Denki Kamanari
The only stupid you are is stupidly powerful and insanely brave. I freaked when I saw how carefree you talked to Bakugo, and I knew that I didn't want to face you in an competition once learning your power levels. Academically, you may struggle, but you aren't alone. If you try really hard, and get some help where you need it, the teachers will be proud of you, as will your mother. You don't need to prove anyone wrong. You'll become a fantastic hero. You'll shine brighter than the rest. You'll be a top hero one day, I'm sure of it! Have faith my friend, and don't be afraid to ask Yaoyorozu or Iida for assistance on schoolwork. Heck, you could even ask Shinsou for help convincing Aizawa you need a tutor! All in all, however, don't forget that wits don't make a hero. A hero is someone who stands for what they believe, who never surrenders even when the odds are against them, someone who continuously strives for greatness even if they fall. I'd say, you already do that...
Izuku Midoriya

"..." Kamanari gasped. He wasn't one for crying, but how could he ignore the feeling that rose in his heart? It was a sort of sadness that came from realizing that he wasn't any sort of failure. Midoriya had done so many heroic actions, and yet he still called Kamanari a hero? The electric blonde buried his face in Shinsou's shoulder, hoping the sting of tears would go away. However, Kamanari let a few tears slip as he realized the lavender haired boy was crying. In fact, almost everyone was either crying or shocked by their letters.

"Was this a good idea?" Mirio whispered, watching a teary eyed Nejire try to read Eri's letter to the young girl. Mirio watched Tamaki hiding in the corner, rocking back and forth as he cried, the letter firmly held in his hands. Mirio was somewhat astonished by how affective the letters were at getting everyone to feel so emotional.

"Yes, it was a perfectly rational idea," Aizawa said, before hearing a door slam shut. Doing a head count, Aizawa realized that it only could have been Midoriya... who wasn't being watched... Why did another door slam shut?