Sparring Match

Aizawa stood on the sidelines, watching the sparring match with a look that most would call disinterested. On the inside, Aizawa was observing the scene like Midoriya after discovering a new quirk. Aizawa didn't mutter, but the people that new him well, a yellow cockatoo and a coffee thief, understood that his brain was deep in methodical analysing. How was he supposed to help his students, Hagakure and Ojiro, if he didn't have something to say once the fight concluded?

Ojiro stood in a defensive position, his balance centered and lowered to the ground. His tail swung swiftly back and forth, preparing for an attack on any side. His eyes were slits that rested at the edges of his eyes. Ojiro took small steps in circles, his face twitching towards the slightest of noises. He bit his lip as he tried to prepare for the attack that Hagakure was preparing.

Instead of attacking his main body, two baby blue gloves wrapped around his tail, a heavy body weight pressing the tan fur appendage into the ground. Ojiro looked over his shoulder, throwing his tail upwards with as much force as he could muster. The gloved flew in the air, waving around as they tried to brace for impact. Ojiro turned his entire body around as Hagakure hit the ground with a splat, her body tumbling to the side. Instead of giving up, she grabbed at the ground, slowing her fall until she was upright.

Without the element of surprise, Hagakure went for an all out frontal attack. She raced toward Ojiro, her fist slamming into his gut. The boy coughed, but his own hands wrapped around her arm, twisting and throwing her down behind him. Hagakure spun her body, her thighs colliding with Ojiro's ankle to knock him off balance. Ojiro used his tail to hold himself up, but for the brief few minutes that he had to readjust himself, Hagakure kicked him again in the stomach. Ojiro growled in pain, but Hagakure wasn't in his eyesight. Instead, Hagakure was to the side of him, colliding with his tail to tackle it to the ground. With his support gone, Ojiro fell to the ground.

Hagakure stood over him, attempting to pin him down. Ojiro rolled to his side, and slammed his tail down on Hagakure as she tried to reach for him. Falling down, Hagakure tried to push herself up. Ojiro was quick to let his tail pin her down, kicking up that way his body weight also pinned her down. Hagakure squirmed, her feet and hands hitting the ground, but she was effectively captured.

Aizawa clicked his tongue, watching Ojiro help Hagakure to her feet. The girl muttered her embarrassment, but Ojiro was quirk to reassure her that her performance was excellent. While he wouldn't say it out loud, Aizawa did find Hagakure's ploys, especially when she tackled Ojiro's tail, to be interesting and viable in a fight. Aizawa appreciated Ojiro as well, thankful that the boy didn't hold back because of who is opponent was. With the compliments out of the way, Aizawa was ready to explain what few problems the two had.

"Hagakure, I think we should work on frontal attacks with you. You're main weapon is how people can't see you, the element of surprise, but like with Ojiro, once your position is given up, you barely have any attacks. Moreover, we should also make you physically stronger. A well placed punch with a strong force behind it would be more than enough to eliminate one target from the fight," Aizawa said, deciding that Iida should change Hagakure's schedule to involve more gym time.

"Yes sir, Aizawa-sensei," Hagakure said, regaining her breath. With that, the mock sparring match was over between Hagakure and Ojiro, with the results giving the pairing an opportunity to learn from their weaknesses and improve their strengths. Hagakure looked at Ojiro before rushing towards Aizawa. "Sensei! I was wondering if I would have any more matches like this? It was super fun and enlightening working with Ojiro-kun, and I want to see how I fare with some of our other classmates!"

Aizawa repressed the urge to sigh. She did make a valid point, Aizawa thought, once he got past the fact that she called training 'fun'. Aizawa shrugged. "I have been thinking of more joint training with 1B. I may even work in some classes with other schools, but that wouldn't be likely. If we want to improve your punch, we can enlist in Ms. Joke, who uses her punches after handicapping opponents. For now, however, let's remain within the parameters of physical training. We'll discuss sparring later down the road."

"Alright, Sensei! I'll get even stronger and prove to that I can beat anyone in a fight!" Hagakure said, taking the words as a fun challenge. Aizawa rolled his eyes as Hagakure ran back to Ojiro, begging him to help her. Aizawa looked at the gym ceiling, his mind flashing to who could help Hagakure on her quest of being a hero. Midoriya and Iida could assist with leg strength, while Bakugo and Kirishima had the capacity for core strength. Sato would make a good match for simply punching and arm strength.

"Hey, Aizawa-sensei!" Someone startled the teacher. He looked down to see a sweaty Midoriya with a white towel wrapped around his neck. He was holding a green water container, and was running a hand through his untamable curls. Midoriya smiled brightly at Aizawa, walking towards the male at a leisurely pace.

"Problem Child... What brings you here?" Aizawa said, wondering if had summoned the greenette by thinking about him. If that was the case, Aizawa would never think of him again. It was common fact that trouble followed Midoriya, and Aizawa liked living.

"I was training Aka. It's been really fun! I've been stronger alongside her! Nezu told me that he was going to allow Aka to come on a sanctioned mission with me, Kacchan, and Todoroki-kun! Isn't that wonderful?" Midoriya said, his smile growing even brighter. Aizawa grimaced at the happiness behind the grin, but he registered the words none the less. Aizawa had a horrible feeling about that, but Midoriya was gone before he could voice his concerns. Aizawa shook his head, heading into Heights Alliance to hide all the coffee from Shinsou.