Seven.

CHAPTER SEVEN,
Bad News.

CHAPTER SEVEN,Bad News

THE SECOND BEVERLY entered her house she knew something was wrong. The house that was always noisy and happy was unusually quiet and the air was tense.

"I'm home!" She called out as she kicked the door closed behind her and hung her bag on the hook.

It was silent for a moment before she heard Enzo running towards her from down the hall.

Beverly smiled as she bent down and scooped him into her arms. Today had been hard on her and Enzo, they had never been away from eachother for that long.

"Hello my boy" she laughed as he licked the side of her face and nudged his head against hers.

"Mom! Dad! Anyone here?" She glanced around the silent house.

After another moment of silence she heard her mothers voice sound from living room. "We're in the living room." She had called out. Beverly didn't miss the crack in her voice and quickly made her way into the living room to greet her family.

"Hey guys how was- whats wrong?" Beverly furrowed her eyebrows as she took notice of the sad and worried expressions on everyones faces.

Her mom and dad sat on the couch, Nadia in between them silently crying. Uncle Byan sat in the recliner and refused to meet Beverlys gaze. Fear instantly built up in her chest, there was only one thing she could think of that would have her family acting like this.

And that one thing was Alec.

"Why don't you sit down?" Daniel asked his daughter as he gestured to the seat directly across from him.

Beverly did as asked and took a seat. Enzo not leaveing her side. It was like he felt how nervous she was and wanted to comfort her.

Glancing at her family members she asked the only thing on her mind, "what's going on?"

Daniel and Grace shared a glance before looking at their oldest daughter, they knew she wouldn't take this well.

"We got a call today.." Her mom started as she wiped a tear from her face.

"It was from Ben Stevens, the head of police." Daniel said.

"The guy working on Alecs case." Beverly mumbled to herself as her heart started to beat faster and her palms grew sweaty.

"Yea, that guy" Daniel nodded in confirmation. "Ben had called to tell us that they had found a peice of Alecs shirt in the woods, it was bloody and torn up." Daniel choked out as his eyes grew watery.

Beverly shook her head furiously, she refused to believe that Alec was hurt, or even worse, dead.

"It- it was just a shirt dad. He could've gotten it caught in a branch or something. He's okay. He's okay. I know he is okay." The blonde rambled as tears started to stream down her face and her heart started to hurt. Alec was her brother, her best friend and the idea of something happening to him pained her to think about. Maybe if she would have went with him, or told him to wait till the next day he wouldn't have gone missing. It was all her fault.

Daniel slowely shook his head.

"Beverly that's not all" he stopped her from talking. "Next to his shirt they uh, they found the body of Kimberly Simmons." He finished.

Beverly froze, her heart beatting a mile a minute. She wasn't friends with Kimberly but they went to school together. Kimberly wasn't the best student, she was rude to teachers and never did her work. She would push around the students who feared her and strongly hated the Kings. She hated the Kings because they had all that she wanted, money, looks, people willing to do anything she desired. She envied them and she had since the first grade when Mathew Spencers gave Beverly a Valentine and not her.

But Beverly never hated Kimberly, she disliked her but never hated her and was saddened by the news of her death.

Beverly wasn't tortured by the fact that Kimberly had passed, what scared her was that if there was a murder on the loose and there was proof that Alec was at the crime scene, was he alive? Was he okay?

Before Beverly could speak her mother spoke up.

"And Corbyn Williams is missing." Grace looked down not able to meet her daughter's eyes.

Beverlys breath caught in her throat at the name.

Cornyn Williams had been her first love. He was the son of one of her father's business partners and they had met at a cookout when Beverly was in ninth grade.

The two had instantly clicked and became easy friends. Alec and Corbyn became best friends and were always together. On the first day of her softmore year Corbyn asked Beverly on a date and the rest was history.

They became the it couple of the school and both guys and girls alike were jealous of the relationship which seemed perfect. And It was. It really was. Of course they faught like any normal couple, but they always found a way to power through.

They were each others first everything, first kiss, first love, first time. They made eachother happy.

Things were amazing until the beginning of their senior year. It was their two year anniversary and Beverly had gone to his house to suprise him only to get suprised herself. He was on his couch locking lips with Mia Rodriguez.

Broken hearted Beverly ended things between the two and spent the next few months getting drunk and sleeping around with Sawyer Simmons, who was Corbyns ex best friend and her only escape from reality.

After realizing what she was doing was wrong Beverly ended things with Sawyer and returned to her normal happy self one month before her Eighteenth birthday. She still regreted lashing out and loosing herself over some boy who broke her heart.

Alec ended up beating Corbyn to a pulp for hurting his little sister. Their friendship had been ruined.

No, Beverly didn't love Corbyn any more. But he was a huge part of her past and she didn't want anything to happen to him. Having another person close to her go missing was scary.

"Ben said thats all they could tell us but that when he knew more he'd give a call." Grace said as she walked over and pulled her daughter into her chest.

Beverly leaned into her mom and started to sob. She rarely cried but her life was falling apart.

She cried for Alec. She cried for Corbyn and Kimberly and their families. She cried in fear of what was to come and she cried over the feeling in her gut. The horrible feeling as if everything was about to fall apart all over again.

Enzo snuggled into Beverlys side and licked her face trying to reassure her that everything would be okay. And it would be.

But not anytime soon.

Beverly King was familiar with the feeling of drowning. She felt it often, the not sleeping, the jumpiness, the constant overwhelming crushing fear that something terrible is about to happen. She was used to it all. She had been told that It’s called hyper vigilance. The persistent feeling of being under threat. The feeling was hard for her, she desperately wanted to keep her mouth closed and not let the water in. But it was a reflex. Beverly knew that if she were to fight that reflex until the last second she would have more time to fight to the surface. And she would.

Because Beverly King wouldn't go down without a fight.

A/N
Heyyyyy long time no see lol.
Sorry I've been lazy ik ik but I'm back!
Did you like this chapter?
What do you think happened to Alec?

VOTE AND COMMENT!!