Twelve

CHAPTER TWELVE,
Felid Trip Into Mikes Pants.

CHAPTER TWELVE,Felid Trip Into Mikes Pants

Beverly outfit on top!!

"LOOK AT YOU GUYS HUH? You're alive!" Mike told the two girls who were currently leaning against Bella's truck. Everyone was treating them like they were glass and it annoyed Beverly to no end. At least Mike was making jokes.

"Sadly." Beverly said causing the smile to drop from Mikes face and a look of horror replaced it.

"I'm joking. Sorry. I have dark humor." Beverly reassured him as she crossed her arms over her chest. Did anyone in Forks have a sense of humor other than her and her uncle?

"Oh. Hahaha" Mike have a fake chuckle before turning to  Bella who was staring Edward down from across the parking lot. "Umm I-I know it's like a month away but I was wondering if you want to go to prom with me?"

Beverly tried not to laugh as Bella zoned back into the conversation.

"What?" The younger girl asked.

"Prom..... with me?" Mike asked slowly.

Oh how Beverly wished she had popcorn right now.

"Oh I- prom. Dancing. Not such a good idea for me. I uh, I have something that weekend anyways. I'm going to Jacksonville." Bella said.

"Bullshit" Beverly mumbled so only she could hear as she listened to Bella's lame excuses.

"You can't go another weekend?" Mike asked as a look of disappointment washed over his face. Poor Mike.

"Non refundable ticket." Bella explained.

"You should ask Jessica." Beverly interrupted the awkward exchange. " I know she wants to go with you."

Mike nodded before walking away.

"Hey hey hey guys come on, we gotta go. Green is what? Good. Let's go."

As the two girls made their way to the bus Beverly let out a whistle. "Damn. That was awkward. Looks like Mikey wants to take a felid trip into your pants."

Bella started to choke on her own spit as she heard what Beverly said.

"Bev!"

"What? Honesty is the best policy."

~~~~~~~~~~

Beverly was walking down the isle of plants when a presence appeared next to her.

"Jasper. What can I do for you?" She asked.

"Why?" Was all he asked.

Beverly looked over at him in confusion. What did he mean?

"Why what?" She asked as she looked into his beautiful golden ones.

"Why aren't you bombarding me with questions like Bella is with my brother?" He elaborated.

Beverly laughed.

"I'm sorry. It kinda sounds like you want me to?" She pointed out with a raised eyebrow.

Jasper shook his head. "That's not what I mean, i just don't get why. Anyone else would question me to no end. But you brushed it off. Why?"

Beverly blew a piece of hair out of her face and clenched her eyes shut. "I moved to forks for reason you know." She said quietly.

Jasper looked down at her in confusion. She had mentioned an incident before but she hadn't brought it up sense.

"The point is, I have secrets to. Ones I'm not ready to share just yet. So why would I ask you about yours when I don't want you to ask me about mine." She told him honestly.

Jasper was quite for a moment before saying something that hurt Beverlys heart.

"We shouldn't be friends."

Beverly nodded slowly.

"I'm not going to force you to be friends with me if you don't want to-" she started only for Jasper to cut her off.

"I said we shouldn't be. Not that I don't want to be." He told her before looking down into her blue eyes. She was beautiful, he couldn't deny that. Anyone that was sane couldn't deny that. "I'm not good for you. I'm not a good person."

Beverly stopped in her tracks, grabbing his hand to stop him as well before turning him to face her.

"I don't believe that Jasper. You didn't have to save me the other day but you did. You didn't have to greet me and my family when we first moved here. But you did. You didn't have to come over with your sibling to cheer me up when I was upset. But you did." She told him as she gave his hand a small squeeze. Why would he think he was a bad person?

Jasper squeezed his eyes shut. "The idea of seeing you being hurt. I couldn't just stand there and-"

"Hey." Beverly cut him off. "It's okay. I'm fine. But pushing me away isn't going to do anything but hurt us. Both of us." She told him before hesitantly placing her hand on his cheek and brushing her thumb over it.

"We can fix us, you just have to trust me." She whispered.

Jaspers eyes shot open as the feeling of her touch. And as he looked into her ice blue eyes it took everything in him not to lean down and place his lips on hers.

"I hope you know what you're getting yourself into." He breathed out.

Beverly smiled slightly.

"I'll be fine as long as I'm with you."

If only she knew how wrong she was.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

LATER THAT AFTERNOON Beverly stood in her basement, pool stick in hand, as she watched Bryan knock a ball into the hole.

"And that's how it's done baby!" He cheered before placing the stick he was using back on the rack and walking over to the bar. "You want some?" He asked as he held up a bottle of Bourbon.

Beverly nodded before putting her stick up and walking over to him, not hesitating before flopping down into a barstool.

"How you feeling kid?" Bryan asked as he slid a glass over to her.

Beverly was silent for a minute.

"Can I tell you something?" She asked before downing her drink

"Anything. You know that."

"When I graduate I'm going back to Cali." She breathed out. It felt good to get that off her chest.

Bryan was silent for a minute. He wasn't that surprised. He had walked in several times while she was on her computer working on Alecs case. He knew it was only a matter of time until she went back to where he disappeared.

"Well, I'll support you no matter what you do. Just promise you'll come back yea?"

"Promise."

And with that said the duo sat and drank away their worries. Not knowing this would be one of the last few normal moments they had before everything changed

~~~~~~~~~~
A/N
Wow 2 chapters in a day? I'm on a role.
VOTE AND COMMENT!!