Thirteen.

CHAPTER THIRTEEN,
Just Me and You.

IMPORTANT A/N!!!
This chapter will be super different because it is Enzos POV.
It can be skipped if you'd like but it's cute so i recommend reading :)
Enjoy!

ONE THING I HAVE LEARNED throughout my short time being a dog is that we all have jobs

ONE THING I HAVE LEARNED throughout my short time being a dog is that we all have jobs. Some chase the mailman, others bark when there is a knock at the door, but me? My job was to be there for her. Protect her. When she cried, I would be there. When she laughed, I would be there. The job of a good dog was ultimately to be with them, remaining by their sides no matter what course their lives might take.

Another thing I learned? Call it fate, call it luck, but all I knew was that I was supposed to be her dog.

As I laid by her side I could feel her destress. Her sadness. She did this most nights, went to bed happy and then woke up in tears. It hurt me to see her like this, helpless.

Refusing to let her feel alone I drug myself up the bed and squeezed myself between her arms. Not hesitating before licking the tears from her cold wet face.

"What is it Enzo?" She sighed before rolling over onto her back. I got up and laid on her legs so my head would rest on her stomach. Her eyes met mine and I could tell she was still sad.

Beverly King was the reason I loved waking up everyday. I was miserable when she was gone. Sure I had that odd uncle of hers to keep me entertained but he wasn't Beverly . No one could ever be my Beverly. I would do anything in my power to protect her.

"It hurts Enz." She said as another tear slipped down her cheek. "Every night I have the same dream and I feel so-so helpless. I know he needs me. But I don't know how to help him."

If only I could talk to her. Sometimes I hate what I am.

I moved up closer to her and laid my head on her shoulder, she instantly turned and buried her head into my fur as she continued to cry. Her sadness came off her and washed into me, I moved closer wanting to comfort her to the best of my ability.

She needed me. And I would always be here for her.

This was, I decided, my job as a dog, to comfort the girl when she needed me. My job, my whole life, has been to love her and be with her. To make her happy.

Eventually she calmed down and pulled away from me so she could look up at my face. She looked so....helpless. So sad.

She just stared at me for a moment, no words left her mouth as she looked straight into my brown eyes.

"You are really something Enzo. So different from all the other dogs."

I had always known I was different than other pups. I have always been more humane.