Out of the Past

Earth

Fire

Air

Water

   Only the Avatar master of all four elements can bring balance, however, something unprecedented occurred, two Avatars exist at the same time. Wan and Korra. Wan, however, lost his memory and must relearn what it means to be the Avatar at this time and find who he is.

Book I: Air

Chapter VIII: Out Of The Past

"Korra? Korra!" Wan rushes through the empty corridors of the island, desperately scanning every inch. "Maybe she'll be back by morning," the amnesic avatar repeats to himself, as he walks back to his room, praying that he is right. Yet, his spirit almost screams in panic. Wan in the morning turns on the radio. To hear the announcement he’s been dreading.

Korra is missing

Korra is thrown into a small metal box, the door is shut and locked. Korra bangs on the door, screaming. Korra rests her head on the door, panting heavily. "Wan, please. You're a smart man, know something’s up, please." Korra then slides down, Tenzin's voice comes into her mind. 'I urge you to meditate on these visions. I believe Aang's spirit is trying to tell you something.' Korra relaxes, going into a lotus meditation position, she focuses on the visions that she had. 

Wan opens the door to Tenzin's Office, hearing the conversation. "My guess is the Equalists are hiding underground in the maze of tunnels beneath the city," Lin says. Wan's mouth drops at the sight of Mako, Bolin, Asami and Lin, as he looks at Tenzin, who shakes his head. He nods in understanding as he paces into the room. "The Equalists, they didn't take Korra," Wan suggests. Tenzin and everyone in the room glance at each other, then at Wan, confused and a bit worried. "Wan, that's crazy. The crime scene has evidence," Mako argues. "Why was Korra at city council hall anyway?" Wan asks, crossing his arms; his gut, and spirit are screaming at how wrong this all sounded.

"She asked Tarrlok to release them, then the equalists came," Tenzin replies. "Amon isn't sloppy like that," Wan starts, slamming the table. "I saw the man and his tactics, he left zero evidence on Avatar Aang memorial Island and if it was, it would be a gamble. Why would he even know where Korra was at? The equalists attack to make a statement, they just don't attack a random place just because. Amon wants me and Korra."

"What are you saying?" Lin asks, her eyebrows arch as Wan continues. "Tarrlok plotted this," Wan announces, the room goes still for a moment. Tenzin strokes his goatee, then sighs. "I'm not sure Wan, accusing Tarrlok would be a gamble until we have all the evidence." 

"Korra was abducted by Tarrlok, I feel it in my soul Tenzin! You've got to trust me on this!" Wan yells at the older man. "The more time you waste on believing Tarrlok and his 'evidence', the more Korra is slipping through our fingers!" Wan slams his fist on his palms, the feeling is too much to ignore. "He’s a convincing man, but is beyond idiotic. He had an agenda with Korra from day one, then when she wouldn't get his way he had to get rid of her!" The former chief turns to Wan, she seems a bit worried for the younger man, like he has lost his mind.

"Wan, I know you...dislike Tarrlok. However, we have to go by what he said what happened, not some theory, we'll check underground for the equalists and if Korra's not there we'll go with your idea."