Venom of The Red Lotus

Earth

Fire

Air

Water

Only the Dual Avatars master of all four elements can bring balance to the world.

Book III: Change

Chapter VIII: Venom of the Red Lotus

Wan couldn't believe it. He pulls on his chains, trying everything he can to escape. Korra screams at the Red Lotus members, specifically Zaheer. "When we get out of here, none of you will survive!" Wan is now shirtless and without shoes. Korra is without her armbands and her boots only leaving her pants and shirt. Wan glares at the man, "I will ruin you Zaheer! Mark my words."

"You won't. Unless The Metal Clan taught you both a way to bend platinum." Zaheer taunts as two metal benders bend the metallic poison out of the two bowls, holding it over. Zaheer starts his explanation, "Once we administer this poison, your bodies will naturally react, forcing you into the Avatar State in an effort to keep both of you alive. Sadly, you'll be entering it for the last time."

Wan stomach drops to the floor, he turns his head to Korra, who as expected has the same terror-struck expression.

"No, The Avatar Cycle!" Their voices are trembling. Wan closes his eyes shut hoping this was some type of bad dream that he could wake up from. Unfortunately, this is a nightmare he cannot escape.

"Yes. When we kill both of you in the Avatar State, the cycle will end. So we lucky few, this band of brothers and sisters in anarchy, are witnessing the beginning of an era of true freedom. Together we will forge a world without Leaders, without borders or nations, where a man's only allegiance is to himself and those he loves. We will return to the true balance of natural order. And though the cycle will end and no new avatar will be reborn, your names will echo throughout history."

"Korra and Wan, The Last Avatars"

Jinora, spirit projecting and hiding behind a small rock, eyes widened with shock and horror of what Zaheer is about to do, however, she quickly comes to a decision. Her eyes narrow with determination as she returns to her body.

Wan pulls on his chains, refusing that this would be the end of him. He would defy it. He must defy it. He glances at Zaheer, making his voice loud and clear. "I won't let that happen, we'll fight the poison as long as we can!"

Zaheer simply smirks at this, "But for how long?" He turns to the two men who held the poison via bending. But is stopped by a soft pleading voice."No, please let Wan live! Let me take the poison" Korra pleads with the man, Wan glances at Korra in horror of what she just said. "No! Zaheer I will take the poison, please don't let Korra suffer. Not like this!" Zaheer simply closes his eyes as the dual avatars' effort to save each other is futile. He ignores their pleads.

"Administer the poison."

As he walks away, the benders behind him move the poison in the air before sending it off. The poison splits into eight globs. Four for both Wan and Korra, going on all of their limbs, the poison latches on to their skin, the benders clench their fists, forcing the poison inside them. Wan gasps in agony, screaming so loud heaven and earth could hear his pain. Korra cries out in agony as well, as her eyes shoot open. The poison completely makes it inside their bodies. Wan fists clenched as he turns over to see Korra arching her back as her eyes begin to flash between the Avatar state and her natural blue. Wan feels the same effect as well, between the Avatar state and his normal copper.