Reunion

Earth

Fire

Air

Water

Only the Dual Avatars master of all four elements can bring balance to the world.

Book IV: Balance

Chapter VI: Reunion

Wan looks out as Pepper flies to Air Temple Island, he sees the large skyscrapers intertwined with the spirit vines. Wan sheds tears of joy, he was finally home after three years. Pepper lands in the Air Temple Island courtyard. Wan airbends himself down from the sky bison and Korra jumps off too she is greeted by Naga who runs up to her. "Naga! I missed you so much, girl."

Wan runs up to Baru, who perks up. She greets him by her big old self, rubbing herself on the first Avatar. Wan laughs, hugging the arctic cat dearly, "I missed you too, girl." She responds with a low purr of affection. "Mom! Dad! We're back! And we got Korra and Wan!" Meelo calls out, Bumi is the first one to rush out. Wan is surprised at how fit and trim the man was also with his air suit along with Bum-Ju. "Well, aren't you two sight for sore eyes!" Bumi hugs the duo, "Bum-Ju and I sure missed you." The spirit lands on Bumi's shoulder and Wan smiles "It's good to see you too" Wan beams. "It's so great to see you again, Bumi. And you too, Bum-Ju," Korra says.

"Oh, my stars!"

Wan peaks up at the voice, Ms. Nami rushing to him in an air suit. Wan rushes up and hugs her. Ms. Nami parted from the first Avatar, "Ms. Nami!" Wan hugs "Oh Wan, I missed you dreadfully. You just disappeared for three years and no- oh, Wan darling your hair."

"Yeah-" Wan rubs his back, blushing "It was much longer before..."

"You've changed, darling. I can feel it, you can't hide from me," Ms. Nami smiles. Wan blushes even harder, "Yeah, I know." Tenzin hugs both Wan and Korra, Wan embraces him firmly, "Welcome home," Tenzin says. Wan smiles, "Great to be home, I missed you so much."

"I missed you too, Tenzin," Korra says. Tenzin pulls away from the hug, "Now, I hate to get right down to business, but I want to hear what happened in Zaofu."

Ms. Nami notices Wan looking away in shame, Bum-Ju chirps sadly, almost in sync with the dual Avatars. "Way to ruin the moment," Bumi sighs. "Kuvira's entire army was there. She captured Mom, Dad, and my brothers," Opal explains. Wan closes his eyes, "we thought we could handle it but... We failed." Korra nods in agreement. Tenzin gently touches the dual Avatars shoulders, "No one expected the both of you to handle Kuvira on your own. It's up to all of us to deal with her. We're just glad to have you two back."

"Where's Bolin? I'm sure that he wouldn't join Kuvira with all of this... mess." Ms. Nami says waving her hand awkwardly gesturing to the Earth Empire. Opal glances down at this "I can't believe he would stay with her after what she did to my family. But we don't know where he is." Ms. Nami hums with worry, as she turns to Wan, "Now then... Let's get the Avatar duo all fixed up anew."

-----

Asami reads from a small job advertisement, Korra walks in now wearing an updated version of her clothes. "I hope you didn't wait for too long," Korra has a slight grin, Asami hugs her friend, "Only three years. It's so great to see you again."

"You too Asami," Korra smiles. Wan walks in with his new clothes, blushing a bit, "I hope I'm not late." Korra blushes at the sight of Wan and quickly turns away, "Good to see you, Wan." Asami smiles as she notes the tension in the room. Now it clicked.