Turning The Tides

Earth

Fire

Air

Water

Only the Avatar master of all four elements can bring balance, however, something unprecedented occurred, two Avatars exist at the same time. Wan and Korra, Wan, however, lost his memory and must relearn what it means to be the Avatar at this time and find who he is.

Book I: Air

Chapter VIII: Turning The Tides

Wan finally, after a long day, gets his well-deserved nap, regaining his strength with every hour. Tarrlok was taken by Amon. The dawn finally graces Republic city, Wan yawns, and is greeted by a huge pile of food- rice, and veggie dumplings. Korra is already digging in, Wan sits down and begins to eat. "Morning," Wan takes a bite of his dumplings. "Wow, this is good, Pema."

Pema stands up, taking Korra's clean plate. "Thank you, we're so thankful you're both home safe." Asami stands up and helps Pema with the plate, "Let me help". Both Pema and Asami go to the kitchen to help wash the dishes. "Korra, Wan, I realize you've been through a lot, but I need to know everything that happened."

"Well, you already know Tarrlok is Yakone's son," Wan starts, crossing his arms, "Aang managed to contact both of us through visions."

"Amon took Tarrlok and took his bending," Korra finishes, her face turning serious, "I'm wondering how he showed up, it's like he just pops out of nowhere," Wan complains, rubbing his temples, "He's becoming more unpredictable and it scares me." Wan sighs as he tries to relax from what has happened but him capturing them was close for comfort, too close.

Tenzin glances at the two with a worried expression. "This is very disturbing news. Amon is becoming emboldened. Taking out a councilman, almost capturing the Avatars, I fear Amon is entering his endgame."

Pema and Asami in the kitchen continue to wash dishes, then all of sudden Pema doubles over in pain, holding her stomach. Asami quickly grabs Pema's shoulder, asking, "Are you okay Pema?" Pema merely smiles and nods, she picks herself back up slowly. "The baby is kicking really hard, I'm fine."

"Should I get Tenzin?" Asami asks, concerned. Pema waves her hand, closing her eyes. "No reason to worry him, it's nothing." Mako walks through the doorway carrying a teapot. "Can I get some hot water? Korra needs more tea."

"You're a firebender. Boil it yourself!" Asami yells as she continues to wash her plate. Pema and Mako glance at her in confusion, Wan stops his travel to the kitchen and leans up against the wall.

"I'm- gonna step out in case you two want to talk," Pema says, smiling as she walks out the room, but she grimaces as she leaves. On the way she sees Wan and chuckles, "You are too much, Wan," she gently slaps him on the shoulder.

Wan shrugs, smiling sheepishly. "I can't help it." Pema shakes her head. "Well, don't get caught, young man."

"I won't." Wan leans in again, hearing the argument unfold,

"Is there something we need to talk about?"

"I've noticed how you treat Korra. How you acted when she was missing."

Wan's mouth widens as he hears a dish being dropped in the sink as well as a wet rag.

"You have feelings for her, don't you?"