Night of a Thousand Stars

Earth

Fire

Air

Water

Only the Dual Avatars master of all four elements can bring balance to the world.

Book II: Spirits

Chapter VIII: Night of a Thousand Stars

Wan can't bear to watch Pema as she realizes that her daughter's spirit is trapped in the spirit world. Guilt overtakes him like a tsunami washing up a city. He can't look Tenzin in the eyes, it is unbearable.

"I should have done more..." Wan mumbles. Everyone turns to him as he looks up with his eyes filled with determination.

"I promise Unalaq will pay and I won't stop until he does."

---

The rebels wait looking from the snowy mountains, they all prepare themselves for the next battle. Tonraq looks below to see Unalaq's troops, a rebel woman walks up to her leader and turns to him.

"Should we wait for another day? Korra and Wan still might come with reinforcements." She asks, still hopeful for a miracle.

Tonraq shakes his head, "No, we can't wait any longer." He turns to his fellow rebels and yells, "It's time to take back what is ours! It's time to take back our city!" He announces to the rebels and they all put their fists up in agreement. The rebels with waterbending slide down the mountain, charging at the northern troops. At the tower the guards sound the alarm.

----

Wan meditates in the garden trying to connect to Raava once more. He can feel her light dancing inside him. He focuses on her voice again. Wan.

"Raava, it's good to hear from you again." Wan smiles a bit.

Wan, both of the portals are open. You and Korra need to close them before Harmonic Convergence.

"I know, Unalaq tricked me and it won't happen again," Wan growls in slight anger.

Wan, calm down, though we don't have much time, we can still remedy this.

Wan takes a few deep breaths, trying to find his peace again, "Yeah, you're right. Do you have an idea where Jinora is?"

The Fog of Lost Souls, that is where lost souls who go into the spirit world go. She might be there. It's very difficult to get someone out, however you all might have a chance.

"Okay, that's a good start." Wan breathes as he opens his eyes. "Raava, I have another question: who was that little girl that came to me when I was amnesic?"

Oh, that's Istina. She's the spirit of truth. She sings to humans or spirits that need to know the truth of memory and all things. I called her to help you.

"Ah, okay that helps a lot."

"Wan, you ready to go?" Korra asks, coming through the entrance to the garden,

Wan gets to his feet, "Yeah..."

Wan walks towards her and out the gate. The two simply walk in the mists of silence, Korra begins to break the ice.

"This wasn't your fault you know." She looks at Wan who downcasts his gaze.

"Yes, it is." The first avatar says, Korra sighs, "Wan, this is all Unalaq's fault. Please stop blaming yourself!" Korra closes her eyes, "It hurts me, too, when you do that..."