Skeletons in the Closet

Earth

Fire

Air

Water

Only the Avatar master of all four elements can bring balance, however, something unprecedented occurred, two Avatars exist at the same time. Wan and Korra, Wan, however, lost his memory and must relearn what it means to be the Avatar at this time and find who he is.

Book I: Air

Chapter IX: Skeletons in the Closet

"It is a glorious day, my Equalist brothers and sisters! Amon has torn down the tyrannical bending government! He has declared bending illegal, and he has the Dual Avatars on the run. Our great leader has a vision for the future. One day soon, bending will no longer exist and we will live in a world where everyone is finally equal! The United Forces are on their way right now to try and stop that dream. But we will prevail!" Hiroshi's fists go into the air and the crowd swells up, near the back three chi blockers, they walk towards a clump of bushes. The female earth bends the rock revealing the hole; each one jumps in and the woman closes it back. Wan pulls off his mask. "The nerve of that man," Wan hisses, Korra nods then adds on, "The Dual Avatars on the run. We're not running from anyone! Let's go back up there and knock some heads; they'll never know what hit 'em." Korra punches her own palms, the other avatar shakes his head, "No, we need to strike at the right time."

"Wan's right, General Iroh's coming with an entire fleet of battleships. Then Amon will be the one who's running."

"Yeah and soon this whole thing will be over."

Korra frowns at the two men, "I hate this 'being patient' stuff." Wan smiles a bit, "Hay me too, but we have to, it's the only way we're going to really win this fight." Korra sighs as they continue to walk through the tunnel to a hidden camp. Asami smiles as Bolin plays with Pabu, the women turn to see the trio approaching. Asami glares at Mako up and down, spitefully saying, "You were gone a while."

Wan awkwardly moves out of the non bender's range of fury as Mako rolls his eyes. "We were doing reconnaissance." Asami crosses her arms and turns away from the fire bender. "Whatever, you can have Korra if you want."

Korra does the same as Wan, backing away from Asami's wrath. Mako is startled for a moment, "What do you mean?" he asks. Asami rolls her eyes, "We're done. Go have Korra, seems you love her more than me."

"What? Look, can we talk about this later?" Mako rubs his temples, then looks at Asami who glares at him with anger.

"There is nothing to talk about. We. Are. Finished."

"Ouch." Wan mumbles to himself, Gommu then pops up unexpectedly between Wan and Korra, making the Dual Avatars nearly scream. "Welcome back! I hope you worked up an appetite, 'cause dinner is served."

Later on, the group is sitting in a circle with bowls in their hands. As Gommu pours stew into the empty bowls, Korra glances at the brown liquid with chunks, she still smiles but a bit awkwardly from the food. "Thanks so much for letting us hide out with you the past few days."

"Honored to oblige. My associates and I heartily oppose Amon's so-called 'Equalist' policies. We got benders and nonbenders living together down here, but do you see us fightin'? No siree; we've figured out how to harmoniously co-exist." Wan gives a gentle smile as he sips some of the stew, he is still for a moment his eyes bulge in shock. He gulps it down hard, fighting the urge to throw it up.