Beginnings

Earth

Fire

Air

Water

Only the Avatar master of all four elements can bring balance, however, something unprecedented occurred, two Avatars exist at the same time. Wan and Korra, Wan, however, lost his memory and must relearn what it means to be the Avatar at this time and find who he is.

Book II: Spirits

Chapter V: Beginnings

Wan's eyes flutter as he is in and out of consciousness; all that goes through his mind is one word: Raava. Korra, no matter how tired, keeps moving.

"Raava" Wan mumbles, chanting that name over and over. Korra finally makes it to the Golden temple. Korra rushes up the steps holding Wan in her arms. She goes through the open door getting the attention of the sages, "Help us please! He has no memory, not even of his name!" Korra blabbers in tears, the sage hugs her and takes Wan. "Avatar Korra, calm down, we will help him."

Korra tries to remain calm by taking deep breaths,the Shaman turns to see Korra still in tears and the sage holding Wan. "He doesn't remember, he had amnesia already but now it's worse!"

"Calm down child," a sage says as she tries to soothe Korra, the other sage puts Wan on the table. "Raava. Raava. Raava," he repeats. Korra points at Wan, "What is he saying! He said that over and over!" Korra wails, the Shaman uses her firebending to read his energy. "A dark spirit has infected his body..."

"Why not me!" Korra screams. The Shaman turns to Korra, "Wan is a danger to Chief Unalaq's plans. The power with his memories is great, we must unlock them and purge the darkness before it destroys his half of the Avatar Spirit."

"Take him to the healing waters," she commands the sages, who pick Wan up and rush him away. "Avatar Korra, walk with me." Korra wipes her tears and follows the older women deep into a cave, the men sage lower Wan into subterranean spirit waters.

"Let the waters cleanse the darkness that plagues your spirit, let the waters unlock your hidden memories," the sage chants, Korra hugs herself, praying for Wan.

Wan opens his eyes in the spiritual plane, he is bathed in purple light, he is floating in the water. He sees a reflection of himself but in blue. "Who are you?" Wan asks.

"Who are you?" His reflection asks then his reflection turns to Aang, "You must regain your memory, or what you created will fall."

Aang's reflection turns to Roku, "In order to remember, you must regain your connection with her. The one you aided."

"Who did I aid?!" Wan yells, holding his heart, "What did I create?" Roku's image then turns to Kyoshi's as they continue to speak, "That is for you to remember, if you don't, Korra will fall, You will fall. Darkness will engulf the world, our era will end."

"How do I stop it?" Wan asks, the image disappears and all the Avatars say at once, "Go Back. Find Raava again. Find yourself!"

Wan screams as he is thrown to a different area. Wan turns to see another reflection of himself but this time he is way younger, he has spiky hair and baggy clothing, he is surrounded by a white aura.

"Are you Raava?" Wan asks.

"No, but I can help you find her. I'm your memories personified after you were revived from the dead, I was kept in the Avatar cycle until you recovered them."