The Last Stand

Earth

Fire

Air

Water

Only the Dual Avatars master of all four elements can bring balance to the world.

Book IV: Balance

Chapter X: The Last Stand

Once Dual Team Avatar enters, they hear the alarm bells ring. "We need to move fast. Su, Lin, climb up to the arm and try to disable that weapon. Mako, Bolin, get to the engine and see if you can power this thing down. I and Wan are going after Kuvira." Korra says. Suyin glances at Korra with concern, "Are you sure? When you both fought Kuvira before"

"I know, but I can promise you, that won't ever happen again," Wan glances up with determination, "We're more than ready to face her again." the group nods then goes there separate ways.

On the way to find Kuvira, they approach general Awey. Wan and Korra went on the defensive as the man turned and strikes the duo, shooting metal strips from his backpack. Wan uses the pieces against him and with airbending slams the general to a nearby wall. Awey grunts at Impact, he quickly gets back up to see Wan fists up. " This is mine," Wan says.

Awey attacks with a huge metal slab, wan doges, and uses the metal as a protective wall. He leaps up attacking Awey with a face full of air once again slamming him then to add on he slams on his head, knocking him out. Korra looks on in shock as she blushes, seeing Wan's pumped up muscles. Wan smirks a bit, "What?"

"Nothing," Korra smiles, her face quickly changes to serious as more soldiers come and confront them. Wan and Korra attack with full force, working together in sync. One of the soldiers gulps seeing Wan's fire and tells him the directions.

In the cockpit, Kuvira turns her head, hearing a few bangs as Wan and Korra punch at the latch, metal bending their way in. They enter by blasting the metal hatch off and flying over Kuvira's head just before Korra and Wan jump out on jets of fire. Wan quickly takes out the helmsman with a double kick that sends blasts of fire at both of them. They land and attack Kuvira with fire and air. Kuvira dodges all of them and attacks with metal slabs. Wan uses this and directs it back to her. Korra attacks Kuvira with a powerful air blast that sends her flying backward. Kuvira quickly gets back up, attacking them as much as she can. She was getting more and more frustrated as they were way harder targets now, working together almost in impeccable sync.

Kuvira hits Korra with Liquid metal, but Korra uses water technique and directs it back to her, solidifying it hard and slams it to Kuvirra's side.

Wan attacks with a face full of air, Kuvira uses her metal as a shield Korra jumps up and kicks the slide down with airbending. Kuvira finally gets a hit on Wan with her metal shield, but Korra attacks with tenfold. Kuvira is thrown to the wall by Korra. The more that they fight, the more the colossus becomes unstable. They are knocked off balance by a building explosion from below, and the surrounding area becomes purple. The metal giant blew off from the bottom, with a powerful blast of spirit energy. The top of the Colossus falls near a building. Wan holds on to Korra while holding the railings, as does Kuvira. The three are screaming.

Wan earthbends the rocks from the broken windows from the colossus, while Korra holds Kuvira by her side. Korra puts Kuvira down. The duo sits down, somewhat out of breath. "It's over. You're going to call off your army and surrender to President Raiko." Korra commands. Kuvira earth bends a rock to hit both of them. Kuvira quickly runs out, running into the spirit wilds where she had ripped off her spirit weapon. Wan and Korra get up, chasing after her.