13. Cotton Candy

Atheria's POV:

The school week went by really quick and it was soon Saturday morning.

Throughout the week, the four of us were mostly goofing around and getting to know each other better.

Right now, I am proud and happy to call them my best friends.

I can't wait for the fair later!

I couldn't help but feel excited when I think about the fair we are going to later.

It'll be my first outing with my new friends here.

Hm, what should I wear today?

After almost flipping my entire closet upside down, I finally decided on a tan-coloured off the shoulder top with a white skirt.

I then curled my hair into loose waves and finished off with silver earrings.

Being content with my outfit, I grabbed my sling bag and prepared to head out.

I checked the time on my phone and realised it's 3 pm.

Hm, Hayden should be here by now to pick me up.

Beep, beep.

Ah, here he is!

I smiled and headed out the door to see Hayden in his black car waiting for me.

"Damn, you're right on time. Thanks for driving me to the fair!" I said as I got into his car.

He gave me a grin and looked me up and down before replying, "You're welcome, and wow you look great."

Heat flooded my cheeks at his comment.

I replied softly, "You look good too."

Hayden was wearing a casual outfit but he still looked stunning.

Wait, why are we checking each other out?

"What did you say? I didn't hear you." Hayden joked.

I rolled my eyes and gave him a snarky reply, "I said that you look like shit."

His jaw dropped and this marked the start of our car trip to the fair, with us throwing insults at each other and laughing like crazy.

This is going to be a fun day.

_________________________________

After Hayden and I arrived at the fair, we went to look for Lily and Jaxon who were at the ticket booth waiting for us.

"Atheria, Hayden! You guys are finally here!" Lily rushed over to me once she saw us.

She gave me a tight hug and squeezed the air out of my lungs.

"Lily! I need to breathe!" I choked out.

Lily finally let me go and I coughed hard while Hayden and Jaxon were busy laughing their asses off at me.

Those assholes!

"Sorry Atheria but it never gets old when Lily strangles you. Also, we already got the tickets before you guys arrived so we can go play now!" Jaxon told us.

"Yay! Let's go!" I grabbed Lily's hand and went to the booths together.

I managed to win a small teddy bear at one of the booths, and I was delighted.

I should give it to Hayden later as a little thank you gift for being there for me.

Soon, it was nighttime, and the Ferris wheel had colourful bright lights on them.

Woah, it's beautiful...

"Guys, let's go to the Ferris wheel!" I suggested.

Hayden agreed, then I saw Lily and Jaxon giving each other weird eye contacts and grinning evilly before Jaxon said, "Actually, Lily and I want to get some more cotton candy. You guys go ahead."

Before I could utter a response, Lily grabbed Jaxon's hand and ran away from us.

I'm so getting you back for this later...

I can't believe they left me alone with Hayden!

"Let's go." Hayden took my hand in his and brought me to the Ferris wheel.

_________________________________

Hayden's POV:

After Atheria and I got onto the Ferris wheel, she told me that she had something to give me.

"Hayden, thank you for being there for me when I was feeling down and thank you for making me so happy. I want to give you this teddy bear as a small gift."

She handed me the teddy bear with a smile and I grinned.

After I thanked her, she went to look at the scenery.

She was practically fawning over the view.

"Hayden, look at the view! It's so pretty!"

I smiled as I looked at her child-like behaviour, it made her so adorable.

"Yeah, beautiful," I replied.

Under the moonlight, and accompanied by the lights on the Ferris wheel, I noticed how beautiful Atheria was.

Her bright smile and the twinkle in her eyes when she's amazed at the scenery.

I thought she was pretty before, but she's stunning now that I'm closer to her.

She helped me through my bad times and gave me so much joy.

She's my ray of sunshine.

Suddenly, I felt a warm sensation in my heart and without thinking, I stepped towards her.

"Hayden, I-" Atheria turned around to say something and realised that I was right in front of her.

Before she could continue, I leaned forward and captured her lips in mine.