14. Euphoria

Atheria's POV:

"Hayden, I-"

I turned around, wanting to tell him something.

My heart skipped a beat when I realised that he was just in front of me.

Before I knew it, he leaned forward and kissed me.

Oh.

My.

God.

My eyes widened as I felt his soft lips on mine.

I can't believe this is happening...

His hands cupped my face gently, while I put my arms around him and kissed him back.

I closed my eyes and at that moment, I felt euphoric.

When he slowly leaned away from my face, my heart pounded against my chest as I saw the look in his eyes.

His hazelnut eyes had almost darkened a little.

Maybe I'm just imagining things...

Hayden rubbed his neck shyly and spoke, "Atheria, I... Sorry, it was out of nowhere..."

I smiled and reassured him, "It's okay."

There were butterflies in my stomach and I didn't know if I should tell him about how I feel.

This is my first kiss...

I was about to ask him how he felt, but he beat me to it.

"Atheria, actually I've started to like you over the past few weeks. I enjoyed all the memories I had with you and you are a really nice person with a big heart. It's okay if you don't like me back. I-"

I cut him off at that, "No, silly. I like you too. You're someone that actually cares for me, and for that, I appreciate you."

I grinned with joy and hugged him.

Hayden smiled and patted my head gently.

As the Ferris wheel ride came to an end, Hayden and I stepped out from the cabin to search for Lily and Jaxon.

We found them having a great time at one of the game booths.

I realised that the way they were looking at each other was definitely not how friends do.

Omg, when were they into each other?

I am so asking Lily about it later.

"Hey, let's scare them from behind," Hayden suggested playfully.

I raised my eyebrows in amusement and agreed.

Both of us walked stealthily towards Lily and Jaxon until we were behind them.

I tried my best not to laugh and hand gestured a countdown to Hayden.

3...2...1...

BOO!

Hayden and I shouted in unison.

Lily and Jaxon yelped and clung onto each other for dear life.

They were in shock and the look on their faces was hilarious.

Omg, I can't hold it in anymore!

I burst out laughing at their facade, while Hayden chuckled.

They noticed us and broke away from each other immediately, with Lily blushing with embarrassment.

"You guys are so mean," Jaxon whined with a pout.

"I'm going to get you back, Atheria!" Lily huffed.

"You should've seen your faces!" All of us roared with laughter.

_________________________________

After the prank, we decided that it was time to go home since it was getting late.

Hayden drove me back home, while Jaxon drove Lily home.

On the way home in the car with Hayden, I opened the windows and let the wind whip at my face.

It felt so peaceful.

I looked out of the window at the full moon that shone brightly in the sky.

I couldn't help but feel a certain connection to the moon somehow.

It was just so enthralling.

I would always look up at the moon in the sky and get lost in my own thoughts.

"So, did you like the fair today?"

Hayden's question brought me out of my trance and I turned my head to face him.

A small smile was plastered on his face while he kept his eyes on the road.

I grinned and replied, "Yep! It was fun, and I loved spending the day with you guys. Thanks for bringing me out and sending me home!"

"You're welcome. I had a lot of fun too." Hayden replied.

Hayden and I had a chill time on the way home talking about some old memories and soon, we reached my house.

Hayden stopped the car and faced me with a smile.

"Bye Atheria, have a good night!"

"You too!"

After I waved goodbye to Hayden, his car drove off and I entered my house.

I closed the door behind me and placed my bag on the table.

After I finished showering, I wore an oversized t-shirt with a pair of shorts and got onto my soft bed with a sigh.

This feels so comfortable.

I shut my eyes closed only to see memories of today flashing by.

I thought of the kiss Hayden and I shared, and my heart rate quickened.

I sat up on my bed and covered my blushing face with my hands.

Omg, so much happened today...

I opened my curtains to let the moonlight shine into my room and went back to bed.

I laid back down and fell into a deep slumber.