NINE

Braxton groaned and tried to go back to sleep. It was the middle of the night and he just laid his head down a couple of hours ago. It had been a while since he slept in his own bed, and when sleep came he welcomed it with open arms. However, the unknown sounds coming from his closet were waking him out of sleep. 

Ten minutes had passed and he decided he couldn't ignore it anymore. He pushed the plush sheets off of his body and followed the light, but not before grabbing his Glock 40 off the nightstand. 

At first, he didn't see anything out of the ordinary. The white marble countertops were undisturbed, the crystalline mirror displayed his reflection perfectly. He ran his hand across the frosted glass shower and took in all the luxury of his place. White light shown from under the door that was his closet. Listening closer, he heard racks falling out of place. 

Braxton held his breath and gripped his piece in his right hand. He used his free one to slowly open the door. 

Bins of socks and ties were knocked over. His suits were a mess on the floor, as well as jackets and hoodies. He watched as Nadine pulled out more and more of his clothes, obviously looking for something. 

His jaw clenched. He knew it wasn't a good idea to let her stay here with him, but he didn't know that this was going to happen. Was she really trying to rob him in the middle of the night? 

Putting the gun down on the counter behind him, he walked into the closet and grabbed her arm. She shrieked and tried to snatch away from him, but his grip was something serious. 

Luckily for him, she hadn't gotten that far into his collection of clothing, which had a whole room for itself. He pushed her down on a small trunk and examined her. 

Though the air was blasting throughout his home, she was drenched in sweat. Her knee bounced up and down as she clawed her arms. 

"What exactly are you doing?" Though he already knew the answer to that question. 

"I, I need some," she answered. Her head was down as she sniffled, wiping some snot away. Her body trembled, feening for some more of the drug she loved. She couldn't go more than a few days without it, but she never thought she would make it this long. Her addiction began to cloud her mind more and more until tonight, she couldn't take it anymore. 

This happened to her every time she tried to get clean. She got tired of the same old cycle of being okay one moment, and then not being able to function the next. All she knew was she could end all of her issues with a simple fix. Normally, she would have been able to score if she just stepped outside of her building. With her current situation, however, that wouldn't work. 

Braxton was a dealer, one of the biggest ones on the continent. There was no way that he didn't have at least a little bit of coke hidden somewhere in his house. 

"Some what?" He asked. If she needed something from him, she might as well have been upfront about it. Since she wanted to try and steal from him as he slept, she was gonna have to play along with his little game. 

"Don't play with me, Braxton. You know what the hell I'm talking about." She knew he was watching that night when she was cutting lines of cocaine with a room full of strangers. Why was he acting surprised now? She felt herself getting irritated waiting for his response. 

"I wouldn't be that dumb to have no damn cocaine in my house. The police love catching niggas off they guard. I would just be giving them what they want at that point." He knew the DEA kept their tabs on him. Left and right, the people around him would get raided, yet he remained untouched. It was just a matter of time until they found enough evidence to go after him. Hopefully, that never happened.