TEN

Braxton had things to take care of

Braxton had things to take care of. Despite his busy schedule, he couldn't move from his spot. Watching Nadine sleep in his spare room may have been creepy, but it was the only time he could see her truly at peace. She tossed over in one of his big t-shirts.

It reminded him that he needed to get her her own things so she could stop using his. He actually liked that shirt.

"Gonna keep watching me or what?" Her morning voice was a little raspy yet he found it adorable. He was annoyed at himself for beginning to like her a little. He would pick up on something new every time he was around her, then quickly forget about it because he didn't want to get too close.

He left the door frame and went downstairs to open the door for Raegan.

"Calling me up to come over here without any notice, then taking forever to open the door. Okay nigga keep playing."

"Whatever. Come here Zy," he picked up his little niece and hugged her as she giggled.

He had been leaving Nadine at the house for a minute, but he knew that was no way to live. She needed some kind of company. Also, he didn't know what to get her or how exactly to talk to her, so maybe his sister could help.

"What do you want?"

"Dang, I can't just hang witchu? I'm straight though cause I only wanted to see Zyaire. So you can leave now." She started waving her mother goodbye.

Raegan turned on her heels and started heading towards the door.

"Okay wait, wait. I need your help." He felt bad for involving her but he trusted no one else. Zyaire lept out of his arms and played with her stuff beneath them as they talked in hushed voices.

Raegan looked up as she heard the water start going upstairs. "Who is that? Why'd you really bring us here, Braxton?"

"I need you to take her out or something. Go do whatever it is that girls do, I don't know. Go shopping, I'll pay for the whole thing." He knew it would be hard to convince Raegan of anything.

"Who the hell is that? Be honest or I'm leaving right now."

He scratched his head a little. "Is this Miss Thing causing all the chaos that I been hearing of?"

His silence answered the question. She bent down to cover Zy's ears. "Fucked up is what you have me. What I'm posed to do with her?"

"Man I don't know. She been here all alone and shit and me and her barely speak. I'onno what I'm posed to do either so I called you. Please, Rae. Do this for me." He knew it was selfish for him to ask but he did anyway.

She pulled him off to the kitchen so they could speak where neither Zy or Nadine could hear. "Look, you better be sure as hell she not a sketchy bitch. Because I don't want no damn drugged-out ass whore near my baby. She try any shit with me, know I'm gon handle business."