The End

Your votes have been collected... Today I bring you the end of the story.
(Ignore the music for now)

I recommend getting the following song on standby for this chapter: This Broken Soul - Spyro The Eternal Night

"I am the Aether Elemental, born to protect this world from dark creatures who dare overthrow the light. My role is to bring balance between good and evil, and let the world live in peace." Spyro clenched his fist. "This is my destiny! Your reign ends here, Xavier!"

The purple dragon's scales rapidly changed from purple to a platinum white, his horns, spikes and undersides encasing themselves in gold. His wings transformed, shining every bright colour imaginable.
Simultaneously, Cynder's scales turned a reflective black, her horns and spikes glistening as they changed to gold aswell, her wings mirroring Spyro's new pattern.
"ATTACK!" Xavier shouted from the other side of the hall.

Korbin sprinted over towards Xavier's ritualistic setup. He knew how to get rid of him. But he needed time. Luckily for him, Spyro and the others were already on the case.

A horde of demonic creatures were released from the ceiling, corridors and even breaking through the floor. The forces started swarming the heroes.
Spyro nodded to Relic. He spewed out a streak of lightning, connecting with her as she began zipping around the area at unreal speed, tearing into everything she touched. She drifted along the floor, her claws scratching the ground as she slowly came to a halt.
More demons crowded around, each one being blasted and burned to mere piles of meat and bones.

Cynder and Ouranos started flying around each other in a rapid pace, creating a miniature tornado in an instant. It carried their opponents into the air and shot them through a hole in the roof.
Maya was simply drowning out her enemies one-by-one, whilst Rhonan could freeze them on the spot; he then crashed into the ice and obliterated them.

"Gods of Etheria, create a seal to banish the monster behind the Armageddon!"
Korbin moved his claws in a strange way, creating symbols in the air. A small spark of energy generated within the sigil, which started glowing in the centre of the room.
"Take my soul, and seal me in with the victim!"
Nothing happened beyond that.
A sacrifice was needed. One that the Gods would not reject.

"Enough!" All the armies vanished into thin air. "I will not let this ritual continue! I will reign superior!"
Both Xavier and Erebus let out a stream of energy, travelling fast towards Korbin.
Spyro and Cynder both stepped in front, firing two beams of Aether and Nether respectively. The four collided violently, meeting in the middle, not moving towards either side.

"Guys! They need our help!" Maya shouted from behind them.
They all looked up towards Spyro and Cynder. "Come on then, let's go!"
The four gathered beside the two, during their own smaller elemental beams, colliding with the middle.
The white light in the centre began crackling and growing, becoming unstable by the second.
With their final efforts, the heroes pushed the beam towards the black dragons; it slammed them into the wall and they fell unconscious immediately.
The six stopped firing.

"Everyone, we can seal them away, now!" Ouranos yelled out.
"It's not that easy..." Korbin started.
Cynder turned. "What's not easy about it?" Her voice gained a slight echo to it.
"In order to seal them both, a sacrifice is needed. A big one."

The seven of them fell silent momentarily, Spyro in deep thought.
"I'll do it." he replied, returning to his normal self.
"Spyro, no!" Cynder said back, her body returning too. "I'm not losing you again!"
"Cynder... I have to, for the world." She looked over to her other siblings, her eyelids lowering in melancholy. They were simply speechless, yet also worried for Spyro's decision. "Look Cynder..."

"Spyro, please don't do this to me again." Cynder's eyes began to tear up. "I've watched you sacrifice yourself once already, I am not watching it again. I'll do it."
Spyro sighed. "No, this is my sacrifice. For you. For my family. You know that I would die for you, every single one of you."
"Well if you're going to go, then so am I." Cynder looked him in the eye.
"Are you sure?"
"Yes... yes I am."

Both of the elementals approached the symbols and candles on the floor. They looked at each other, and nodded.
Spyro stood valiantly in front of the sigil, beside Cynder. Their wings raised, signifying their submission to the act.
An array of multi-coloured lit beams began to shoot out of the centre, twisting and turning around each other. All of the beams split in two, and phased violently into the very hearts of Spyro and Cynder.

The two struggled to stand immediately. The essence of their souls were slowly draining within them. The cries of pain were unheard, as if muted by their heroic acts.
Each second that passed, Spyro grew weaker and weaker, beginning to lose his senses one by one. Cynder too felt more dull and dead as the ritual continued.
From behind them, both Xavier and Erebus disappeared in a flash, no evidence.

(Please play this music now: Spyro The Eternal Night - This Broken Soul)

All of the beams faded into their bodies, and the sigil stopped glowing. Lifelessly, the two dragons collapsed onto the ground, Cynder's necklace landing with a small ding. They did not struggle. They did not retaliate. Both Cynder and Spyro lied on the ground, looking into each other's decaying vision.

"I'm sorry... f-for everything..." Cynder stuttered, her individual fingers twitching as she raised her hand.
Spyro took hold of her hand. "Don't be. It's over now... for real."
Spyro held her hand as tightly as his strengthless body could. Both of them stared anxiously at one another.
"I... I don't want... I d-don't want this to be over." she whispered in reply.
"All good things come to an end..."

Their scales started to turn grey one-by-one, starting from the tail. Slowly, their noir tails intertwined.
Cynder shed a single tear from her emerald eye. "Goodbye, Spyro."
"Goodbye Cynder."
The two closed their eyes shut, the final scale on their bodies turned dull and they stopped breathing entirely.

From within their bodies, a spectral light rose up into the sky, circling one another as they ascended to the clouds above.
Impacting with the heavens, the spirit-like lights disappeared, and the clouds faded; the celestial moons resetting their cycle.
The Sun shone past the once doomed skies, as it illuminated a cyan colour once again.

The four remainders: Rhonan, Maya, Ouranos and Ruby all stared hopefully at what their brother and sister had become, praying to the Etherials that they'd awaken again.

Celestial Caves

The Chronicler, Ignitus, stood studying the book of dragon history. Upon doing so, the mighty Terrador walked up to him.
"Is there any news of them, Ignitus?" he asked hopefully.
Ignitus smiled. "Well Terrador, a page is only written when a dragon dies. Luckily, in the books, there is no trace-"
The book of dragon history flipped a page by itself, and the quill began to move by itself.
"... of Spyro."

Ignitus approached the book, concern deep within his expression. As he inspected what the quill was writing, he froze dead on the spot.

"The Legends of Spyro and Cynder..."

The True Ending

----------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading this book, I really do appreciate it.

However, all good things must come to an end. And unfortunately, here is where the Legend of Spyro concludes.

Special thanks to:
CuriouSalmon
korbinservergundam
And all of those who viewed / voted these books

Many Thanks,
-RazerBlazerXD