NOVEMBER 1998 (1)

The last year has been fuckin' crazy. I got signed to Dr. Dre's label Aftermath. Fuckin' Dr. Dre. He coulda signed anybody but he chose me. And I'm now making an album under his label. It's gonna be called The Slim Shady LP.

It's based on the previous project I made last year, The Slim Shady EP. The EP was the direct result of alcohol and negative reviews from first album Infinite. Now that album was... Somethin' that was made to be radio-friendly. It wasn't me at all. But the EP was me. And I got way more buzz from the EP than the album.

It was so good that Jimmy Iovine got my tape. He passed it on to Dre. Dre got a hold of me and now here I am. I'm own my way to the studio to finish writing and recording the last few songs.

Apparently, Dre got some hot shot girl that's been wanting to work with me for one of my songs ever since I started working on my album. Her name was Alana Grey, and I know that she's supposed be releasing her album soon too.

From what I've heard from Dre, she's not a normal pop singer or whatever. She raps too sometimes. I know she has a contract with Aftermath too I think. Or at least Dre's plannin' on signin' her. She has a snippet for me to listen to later in the studio and hopefully, she lives up to the hype.

After about ten minutes of driving so I can get to Ferndale, Michigan and bumpin' Xzibit's new joint 40 Dayz & 40 Nightz , I arrived at the studio where I've been working for the past few months. Studio 8.

When I pulled up to the studio, I saw Dre hanging out with Proof and some fine ass girl. She had long black curly hair, pale white skin, and her lips just... perfect. Plump and pink. She's kinda petite in her chest but her hips and ass make up for that. Damn..

I get out of my car and lock the doors before going over to Dre and Proof. Instantly when Proof sees me he gives me a bro hug and nudges me over to Dre and the girl.

"Lana, this is my boy Em, the one we've been talking about. He's the hottest thing out right now." Proof said with a grin. The girl, who I assumed to be Alana (mainly because of the nickname) smiled and offered her hand.

"Nice to meet you, Em. I'm Alana. I'm a big fan of your EP. The songs were just incredible. You have lots of talents for sure. I can't wait to work for you." She said with a gentle smile. I smiled back and shook her hand.

"Thanks dawg. So we gonna start working or what? I wanna see Alana here get to singing her cute ass off." I said jokingly with a halfhearted laugh. Proof and Dre started laughing but Alana just stared at me with a smirk. Oh she's seriously about to sing her ass.

We enter the building and walked down the halls until we reached my studio room. I grabbed my lyric book and some headphones. Quickly, I entered the booth and went to the mic. I was actually kinda eager to hear what this girl could do for the vocals on my chorus. If it was good, then we'd keep it but if it not, she'd get cut.

I put on the headphones and gave Dre a thumbs up, letting him know I was ready to lay the verse. The beat starts playing, booming into my ears.

"Yo, mic check. Testing one, two, um, twelve. What up, what up? This is my dance song, can you hear me? Alright, turn my headphones up." I say as I bob my head to the beat that Jeff and Mark Bass made for me.

After a few more seconds of absorbing the beat, I begin spewing lyrics. "My favorite color is red, like the blood shed/In Kurt Cobain's head when he shot himself dead." I rapped while looking at my notebook with all my lyrics written on it.

I looked over for reactions from the rest of the people in the studio and they all started laughing at the Kurt line. Except for Alana. She chuckled a bit but keep a straight face. As I kept rapping, the chuckles from her became full blown laughter.

After two more minutes of spittin' zany rhymes, I finished the song. I had everybody in the studio laughing and wheezing. "That was good homie. I'm proud of you Doody." Proof said with genuine respect for my rhymes. It made me feel good. I can always count on Doody to hype up my rhymes even when they aren't as good as his.

"That was... incredible. I'm actually really happy that I got to see that live. The song is gonna be a hit. I can tell. Especially when I get my ass on that track." She joked with a big grin on her face.

Damn she even laughs cute as hell. I wanna get her number or somethin'... But Kim would lose her fuckin' mind. Or what's left of it anyways. She broke up with me earlier this year and I haven't seen that much since I've been writing and recording. But still she's gonna get jealous anyways. Damn she's so annoying.

I exit the booth and sit down in the empty chair by Proof. He hands me a blunt and lights it for me. I inhaled and looked at Alana. "You gonna lay the vocals or what?" I said as I exhaled, smoke flying from my mouth.

She smiles at me and goes to the while eyeing me. Dre plays the demo version of Cum on Everybody and I watch as Alana starts humming to herself quietly. Soon, the audio starts playing and I start rapping. When it gets to the chorus, Alana stares at me before singing quietly in the background.

"Cum on everybody, get down tonight (Ooo)
Cum on everybody, get down tonight (Ooooooo)" She added to the chorus. Her vocals were incredible. I could see why Dre would want to sign her. She's fuckin' incredible.

The more she sung in the background, I realized how talented this girl was. She was cute and talented. I wish Kim could be a little bit more like her...

Soon, she finished harmonizing in the background for the chorus. After that, Proof and Dre clapped for her and complimented her. I put out the blunt and I walked outta the room. On my way out, I grabbed Alana by the arm and guided her outside the room.

"You're fuckin' incredible. Yo, if you ever need me to feature on your shit, I'll do it aight? There's no way I can let you do that well and not give you a free feature. You workin' on anything?" I asked with genuine enthusiasm. She smiles at me and nods her head.

"I have a song called Busa Rhymes for the new album I'm working on. If you want to, I'd love for you say one of your weird funny raps on that track." She said with a slight grin. I laughed before developing a serious expression.

"I'd love to. Just let me know the deadline so I know when to start writing the verse. Also maybe you should gimme your number just in case y'know..." I said trailing off while looking down suggestively at her. I licked my lips slowly and looked at her.

"Too bad your charm doesn't work on me, Em. But I'll keep in touch. My studio room is just two doors down from here. I hope we can work more in the future." She said before looking back in the my studio room where Proof and Dre were smoking together.

"Hey you wanna get some drinks at the club later?" She said quiet enough for only me to hear. I nodded and approached her, getting really close up. I leaned down and whispered into her ear, "I think the charm is starting to work now."

~~~

There it is. The second chapter with Alana and Marshall meet and it seems like they are already fond of each other. Next chapter, you'll learn a bit of Alana's backstory. And see a bit of progressive to the acquaintanceship. I'm trying to make this as realistic as I can so I'm not rushing Marshall into anything especially with Kim still around. Just stick around and see how the next chapter unfolds. I hope you enjoyed :)