JANUARY 1999 (8)

The press has been on my ass ever since the video for My Name Is came out. The video, like the audio, has blew up way farther than I thought it would. Everywhere I go, I see my face and hear my song. The shit is crazy.

I don't even know why I'm getting so big off one song. Speaking of, the music video for Guilty Conscience had been postponed until June. The audio would had to be aired solo coming out soon this week before the album drops.

But speaking of albums, Alana dropped her debut studio album The Broken Heart of Gold last week.

The shit was crazy

The shit was crazy. It debuted at Number 26 on the Billboard 100. As of now, it's sitting at Number 11 and she's reportedly sold over 500,000 copies.

When I heard about that, I felt really proud of her. So proud that I went to buy her some roses and chocolate to send her as a way to congratulate her. In return, she sent me a card back saying congrats on the hot entry of My Name Is.

Ever since her album dropped, my name has resonated with the poppy side of the album too. She had me featured on the song Busa Rhymes. The song was okay in my standards but since she only had one feature the whole album, which was me, it was a good thing. Everyone gets tired of hearing the same flow and harmony on every track.

But we're both getting very successful in our own regards. My own album is almost finished. Well on my end, it is finished. I've wrote and recorded anything. I submitted my demo version of the album to Dre and he helped me remove some songs and keep a few.

Well, I added more songs than I removed. I had to scrap plenty of them. But that was fine. Dre and I are both perfectionists so maybe having him help me would make the album even better.

I just finished doing a interview and freestyle on a radio station. For the most part, I was interviewed about my thought process in my songs. But some shit got personal like my relationship with Alana, if I had a girl, and weird shit like that.

I tried to my best to change the subject without spilling stuff about my personal life. And I mostly just felt like I was only there so I could boost the popularity of the radio stations. I mean, I know I'm not some hot shot in the industry but I never got this much attention until now.

But I can't lie. It feels good to be noticed after always bustin' my ass for the next chance at getting in the studio. Now it's like I'm in trouble if I don't go to the studio and I love that.

Right now, I just need a break from all the rap star shit. I called up my boys and we're having a night out. Proof and the rest of D12 will be there to fully celebrate the success of my single. Hopefully, we can celebrate more after the release of my album.

I just want to prove all my doubters wrong and get the money to provide for Hailie. I've told people that around a million times but I've meant it each single time. There's nothing I wouldn't do for her.