MARCH 1999 (12)

It's been a two weeks since my album released. It sold 480,000 copies and ever since my shit dropped, I've become a celebrity almost. It's been kinda hard to just take in everything since I've been touring with Proof and my girlfriend.

My girlfriend, surprisingly, isn't Kim or even Alana. My fan, the girl that was workin' at McDonald's, was just a fling for a few days. But then I caught feelings for her and she was just... incredible. She was everything that I needed and I wanted.

Kesia Alvarez. Hopefully one day she can be Kesia Mathers. I'm so in love with her. As for everything back home with Kim and Alana, it has gone to shit and I'm fine with it. Kim is with her new guy or whatever and Alana is supposedly trying to date some hotshot movie star.

But I've really stopped caring about them and learned to focus on my career. I know that Alana's album been out for a little over two months and it's currently sitting at 826,000 copies sold and is at #57 on the Billboard Hot 100. Meanwhile, my album peaked at #2.

As for the touring and interviews, I've been having so much fun with it, I forgot that it was a job. Every night I perform on stage with a bunch of Metal fans and Hip-Hop heads and then I get high on ecstasy and perform again for a final time then we go to the next destination.

I pretty much live in the damn tour bus by now and I haven't got a chance to pick up a pen and start writing about this fame shit yet. But honestly, life is great right now. I couldn't really ask for more. I missed Hailie like crazy since I've been gone but everything besides that is okay.

"Yo, Slim," Proof said, gaining my attention. Ever since we started touring, me and Proof have been getting closer. Granted, we are close around since he's my best friend but we've been talking more about making a few songs for a mixtape and we've been freestyling together more.

"Whats up dawg?"

"Y'know you're in the news again? People saying Alana made your career. And they're saying that your album is homo-"

"Wait what? How could she make my career? Yo, what did she say bout it?"

"That she didn't make but she gave you exposure. But that's not-"

"Yo, when I found some time to start writing again, Imma just diss her. She's a bitch."

"She wasn't a bitch when you wanted to fuck her." Proof said jokingly. I know it was a joke but it made me feel bad. I had all these negative feelings for Alana after she denied me. It was evident. Whenever someone mentioned her, I'd visibly cringe or just walk away.

But that doesn't matter anymore because—

"DeShaun, can you stop harassing my boyfriend?" Kesia said jokingly as she wrapped her arms around my neck. I turned around and pressed my lips against her forehead.

It felt wrong to keep thinking about one girl while being with one. I really like Kesia and what I feel... what I felt for Alana needs to go away soon.

"Hey Doody, can me and Kesia have some time alone? I need to tell her something.." I said, seeing that I was serious, his expression changed and he bro hugged me before leaving the room.

"What's wrong, baby?"

"I love you girl. Like a lot. But I haven't been wit you. After I got booked for this tour, but before we got together, Alana called me..."

"Hello? Who is this?"

"Marshall, it's me again. I know I took longer than I attended but I need to tell you something."

My heart started racing. Beating hard against my chest. What if she loves me? What if she wants to date me? Or maybe it's a business move. Either way, I just want to talk to her.