JANUARY 1999 (9)

Last night was fuckin crazy. After me and D12 broke off and went our separate ways, me and Lana just hung out for the rest of the night. We smoke some reefer and drank liquor. And we just vibed all night long.

She's a great friend and I feel like we really connected like the first time. Except this time I didn't have to worry about Kim ruining our moment. After I dropped her off, I walked her to the door and she gifted me a deluxe version of her album which hits store two months from now.

When I made it home it was almost 1 AM. Kim was fuckin' pissed. She thought I was out with some hoes and cheatin' or somethin'. I hated how fuckin' jealousy she could get. There was no reason to be jealous of nobody. I only wanted her.

Or at least that's what I used to think. Ever since last night, this weird fuzzy feeling just shoots across my body whenever I mention her or even think about her. Alana.

"Marshall, you ready? I've seen you at shows before. You look good usually but I don't even know about me." She said, drawing my attention back to reality. We were on a plan for the last four hours just waiting to get to the venue.

She told me that the venue we're performing at last a few days and I've been given permission to perform a few songs from album before she hits the stage. It's a good way to get my name out there.

The stage has already been set, or that's what we've been told. The venue holds the maximum of 1000 people. 1000 people coming out to see us. That's crazy man. That's fuckin crazy. I even heard that it was sold out but I'm not sure if it's true or not.

"I'm ready but this whole thing is just... crazy. I never dreamt of something like this but damn does it feel good. I've been a headline name every since My Name Is dropped. I'm just so anxious to drop my album and see how well it does." I said, and when I looked over at her I saw her large grin.

"I have nothing but faith for you, Marshall. If Dre and Alana Grey believe in you, then you're pretty hot." She said with a corky smile. She wasn't wrong necessarily. Dre is extremely respected within rap and Alana is a upcoming star in her own regards.

This is my first show with this many people. It's kinda making me nervous but to Alana, I know I seem calm and ready. I knew my lyrics by heart but the crowd reacts to your energy and I don't know if I can handle it.

"This doesn't seem crazy to you?" I asked, sitting up in my seat. She tilts her head in confusion.

"All of this. We go from performing in local clubs in front of 30 people to know performing in a venue that's packed with 1000 people. It's insane." I said, rambling on about the situation. She just stared at me with a small smile the whole time.

"This is what we need to do Marshall. You only get one shot at this. You should try to capture this moment while you have it." She said, while staring into my eyes.

Two hours later, we arrived at the venue. I saw the stage and it looked fuckin' incredible. It was our names in really big letters. Alana Grey X Slim Shady. Well, it wasn't the only thing there but it was the most important. She actually shared this stage with me. She's so amazing.

Right now, me and Alana are just hanging out backstage while the seats of our fans are getting filled in. Being in this venue was a last minute resort. Alana's management team somehow got her on and she refused to perform if I wasn't there.

"Marsh?"

"Marsh? Is that your new nickname for me?"

She rolled her eyes and clicked her tongue before continuing, "The show is getting packed already. We're up in five minutes. You better kill it Shady." She said, giving me a tight hug. She felt so soft and smelled like blueberries. Holy shit she's gorgeous.