NOVEMBER 1998 (3)

I've always had my friends see me get chewed out by Kim. But it's never been so embarrassing before. I can't even look at her. Alana is sitting beside me and we've been sitting in silence for the past five minutes.

"I'm sorry Alana. Kim is... She's fuckin' crazy. I don't know what's wrong with her sometimes." I said, feeling like a asshole about the whole situation.

Alana placed her hand on my shoulder and gave me a reassuring smile. "I know that isn't what's bothering you. It's about Hailie. I'm sure she won't be able to keep your baby away from you." She said with a slight frown before giving me a comforting hug.

She's soft... And she smells incredible. I took in a large breath and exhaled. I had to get this outta my head somehow. It didn't matter how. I just had to. I looked down at Alana, who was still hugging me and I spoke to her.

"Let's drive for a little. I want to show you something." I said as I stood up and searched for my keys. I dove my hand into my pockets and grope around until I find them. Alana develops a kind expression and follows me to the car.

We get in and I drive off from the bar. I have nowhere in mind to go. I just know I can't go home. It's so dirty there. She would think I'm some gross dude who doesn't clean. I mean I usually trick Kim into cleaning the house but I've always cleaned after myself.

"Hey... So you and Kim are a thing right? That's the impression I'm getting from all this." Alana said before into a fit of laughter. I chuckled a bit before developing a serious expression.

"Me and her are complicated. The only reason I still associate with her is because of Hailie. Kim is starting to mean less to me now. I love her because she's the mother of my child but I hate her cause she does all this bullshit and I hate it y'know? Sometimes we work out for a bit and then we don't. We date steady for two months and then breakup. It's just a shitty thing." I said while thinking about all the times Kim threatened me by using Hailie.

"Well hopefully... If you're album does good, you'll have enough money to provide for her. And maybe if you're album does great, you'll be able to show a judge or something that you can provide for her more than Kim can and you'll get full custody." She said with genuine belief. That made me smile. The one way to get to my heart is through my baby.

And I even had a similar thought earlier before I came out tonight. Even though me and Alana just met today, it feels like we've known each other for years. It feels really weird but good at the same time.

"So Marshall," She started, clearly trying lighten the mood, "What got you into rap? Or who?" She asked inquisitively while staring at me with her beautiful green eyes.

"My uncle Ronnie. He brought over some Hip-Hop tapes all the time and we'd listen to them until we finished the whole thing... He died when I was younger though so that made me kinda dependent on music for a while but ever since then I've just started rapping and freestyling and shit y'know. How did you get into music?" I asked, returning her question. She looked at me with an embarrassed expression and then started to speak.

"I was in middle school. I had just gotten broken up by my boyfriend of eight months. I didn't know how to cope besides singing. I mean, it was always a hobby but not a full blown passion. But as I got older, I got better and I started singing at clubs and it got me money so I just kept doing it." She said with a slight smile.

"All of this talent because of a breakup? Breakup with someone again and let's see your album fly up on the charts." I said sarcastically and Alana burst into a tiny fit of laughter.

"The Broken Heart of Gold and The Slim Shady LP will be classics instantly. I just feel it. Oh, and about Busa Rhymes I have a chorus done for it already but I just need a skilled rapper to do some verses if he can." She said timidly making puppy eyes. I can't say no to her. But that's just extra work I have to do then.