NOVEMBER 1998 (4)

It's been a week since I met Alana. A week since we became friends. A week since we hung out. I mean, I know everything comes to an end eventually but like some friendships last a long time and I didn't think a day would be the max it'd last.

I guess we've been just been so busy. If I see her around the studio then I'll dap her up or ask what's up but we haven't just sat down and talked for a while.

I know from Dre that she's coming along with her album and even now she's doing her concept thing. I'm proud of her for going through with it. Even though a few sissies will just listen to the most popular song and disregard the rest of her hard work.

I just hope it's not like that for my album. Speaking of, I'm closer to finishing it now. I've made so many songs so far that I've either will scrap or move to another project. But my new songs seem to be a drastic difference from Infinite.

But looking at things that isn't my job, my life is going fuckin' great right now. I got to spend some time with my daughter and that's all I really care about. On a high note though, Kim asked to work things out.

I don't know if I want to be in a relationship with her right now but I can't refuse it. I hate her sometimes but I do love her. The last week we've just been in a strictly sexual relationship. I don't even remember the taste of her lips. Well not the ones on her face anyways.

"Yo, Slim, come with me. I want to get you used to interviewing by yourself. You'll need to know how to answer and dodge certain questions when you become a mega-star." Dre said while picking up his coat. I stopped writing my lyrics to a new song I've been thinking about doing called Get You Mad. The song, like most of the other ones, is just meant to be lighthearted and funny.

"Two years ago, I was working as a dishwasher. Now I'm going on a show with the almighty Dr. Dre so I can learn how to interview. That's fuckin' sick yo." I said while grabbing my notebook and walking out of the studio with Dre.

We went outside and immediately we were meet with about twenty people with cameras. Dre waved them off and went to his car, starting the engine. Even though Dre had signed me a while back and I did like two interviews before, I never got approached by the press like this. It's kinda surreal but annoying at the same time.

I flipped off the paparazzi and hopped in the car with Dre. He drove us down to The Shelter. The place where I first started rappin' and where I met Kuniva and Bugz. Those days were the best. It feels so long ago but it was only three years back.

Anyways, on the way to The Shelter, Dre tells me about the interviewer. She's a bitch from what I hear. The lady is gonna pry me for answers that she doesn't need and I'm supposed to learn how to dodge them. The real reason Dre brought me along though was to promote my upcoming single My Name Is.

I'm releasing it in December which is a few days from now and then I'll have to slave my ass off to do the music video by January 21st. My schedule is so tightly packed but I'll do it all for Hailie Jade. Speaking of, her birthday is coming up soon so I need to scrape up all the spare change I have to get her something.

"Slim, whatcha thinkin' bout over there? You've been quiet as a mouse the whole time." Dre said, keeping his eyes on the road but dedicating some of his attention to me.

"I'm thinking about Hailie. And Kim. And our life after I make this album. I just need to get enough fan support for tours. Tour money will pay pretty good. Well at least compared to washing dishes. My manager, Paul Rosenberg, he's working on some stuff right now. I have three shows to do next month. The 5th, 13th, and 29th. He says depending on the crowd, the max I can get a show is 700 dollars." I said while looking at the buildings in the city as we drive pass.