NOVEMBER 1998 (5)

It's been a few days since me and Kim started datin' again. Everything's been good though. Hailie is happy and healthy which means I'm happier. Kim hasn't been such a bitch to me and only complains when I spend overnight in the studio.

Ever since the second incident with Kim, Alana has been avoiding me heavily. It's like we aren't friends anymore and just are label-mates. I hated that though because she really understood my background. We could have been great friends by now.

Lately I've been getting booked left and right for shows and it's not like it's hard but I hate being away from Hailie. I have to cram in six shows in the span of two days and still finish writing my album.

But on the upside to doing all that performing and shit, I can bring at least 1500 dollars back home after performing a few times. Not even Kim could deny that kind of money. We needed it for Hailie's college funds. I have make sure to work harder than ever.

Speaking of hard work, Alana had just dropped a single from album shortly after the second incident with me and Kim. I wanted to think it was about me but then again, she had already been working on her songs before it even happened. But the description of the dude who she described in her song reminded me of me.

He was said to be vindictive and blonde with a slight attitude. The blonde and attitude sounds just like me. And sometimes I can be a bit vindictive but I never wanted Kim to make her bad. That wasn't even the back of my head.

Needless to say, the song has been blowin' up. It was called somethin' like Needing You. It was about her getting over the breakup. Or well, the character she's telling the story through. Ashley, the innocent brunette Ohio girl.

Anyways, her single, was acting so much attention that she got invited to Carson Daly's show or whatever. I wanted to tell her congrats but I didn't have enough time with my busy schedule. Speaking of which, my manager Paul Rosenberg calls me.

"Hey Em, I need you to come on and head out. You need to be at the club by 7. Traffic in Michigan is shit so you'll be there by 4, we'll do a test to see if the mics work at 5, and you'll practice and recite lyrics until 6:30. Then just chill out I guess. Oh, and Em, the interview you did a few days ago is really getting your name out there. I hear more people are buying your EP." Paul said, even though we were on a phone call, I could smile him grinning.

It's true, being on TV with Dr Dre beside me gave my name a big boost in relevancy. Now I kinda am waiting to see how the single goes. As well as the rest of the album. I mean, even if I don't do that well in the end, I just need the money for Hailie.

I walk in the living room to see Kim watching South Park and Hailie is drawing on her coloring book. I walk over to Kim and grab her cheeks using my index finger and thumb and I planted a kiss on her lips.

I can tell she was shocked by the kiss but soon she kissed back even harder than I kissed her. She pulled me closing by tugging my shirt. She licked at my lips, begging for entrance. If only our three year old daughter wasn't standing right there in the same room, I would have fucked Kim right there and then.

"I love you Kim. I'll be back later baby I promise. It's something for work." I said and watched as her expression change. I quickly leaned in and whispered, "Make sure Hailie is asleep by the time I get back and I promise I'll make it up to you."

She blushed a bit and gave me another peck on the lips. She's honestly been so perfect the last few days even since we got back together. I turned away from Kim and walked over to the #1 woman in my life. Hailie Jade Mathers.

I gave her a tight hug and a kiss on the forehead before walking to the counter to grab my keys and leave. Before I go I look at Kim and Hailie and smile internally.