FEBRUARY 2019 - THE INTERVIEW

SWAY: So for after you met with Alana, the rest of 98' you had some problems with her right? It got resolved though and she featured still on your album though so what happened with that, Em?

EMINEM: Yea so pretty much we just kinda saw each other coming from the club after her album started blowing up and I wanna to give her props in person before that but meeting in the club was a coincidence. But after we talked in the club, it just got progressively better until the shit with my album dropped y'know?

SWAY: I went back to listen to some of your older joints after hearing Kamikaze, and I have to say that the older albums are Kamikaze are in the same category. The main things are the disses, which is why you and Alana had a falling out right? Let's talk about what happened with her.

EMINEM: So basically after she saw me and Kim kiss, she made a song about it and after that dropped and did so well, she dissed me again. I responded to her in a few songs and then left it alone and we had another falling out about that. But it got resolved in a matter of hours.

SWAY: You mean the disses on The Slim Shady LP? I think I remember when you were just coming up and it really wasn't known to not go at you. What made you not diss Alana like you did Mariah?

EMINEM: Well back then I had no reasons to go off on her but I always kinda knew deep down I was in love with her and at that time we met, everything was just crazy. I was..uh We were just becoming famous and we both had separate careers and I never to halt hers by taking digs at her.

SWAY: So let's talk about her first album. When it dropped, it was the hottest thing for pop music. It sold like 9.7 million copies worldwide by mid-2000. That's only numbers really talented people can achieve. So did you ever think that you two were a power couple when you were dating her?

EMINEM: Definitely. It wasn't me being cocky but back then, everywhere you went you saw Alana Grey. Everywhere you went you heard Slim Shady. It was like a emperor and empress coming together to rule something. I would have honestly just rather not have all of the fame and just had her y'know?

SWAY: I feel that man. So 1999 was the first step for you becoming an undeniable legend. It's when you really introduced everyone to Slim Shady and when you first started your fling with Alana right?

EMINEM: Yea... I think it was some time before I dropped the album when I finally realized I cared about her in a way that wasn't just friendly but I still had Kim. Also, this was before Kim cheated on me so I just didn't make a move until after Kim cheated and it became more than just a fling.

SWAY: Damn man... That's crazy. 99' was a year for you then huh.

EMINEM: Yea man, it was. I can still remember vividly too man...

~~~

I'm done with my little break thing. My schoolwork is done so now I can get back to updating. Also, I have decided to include a interview part after every year passes. I've been dying to write more of this story because I really like seeing all the different paths I can take with it. I'm most excited for the 2000-2007 era. I think those are Eminem's glory years at least. Also, sometimes, I'll do some configuration on tracklists if I think it'll fit the theme of the album. Like instead of Drips on The Eminem Show how about Love Me? I always thought it'd fit with the serious vibe of the album but that may just be me. Also, I decided that Alana would feature on Stan. With Eminem being one of the biggest artist in 2000 and Alana also being very popular according to Sway, so it'll be interesting to see how big a song like Stan would be with both of them. Anyways, I hoped you enjoyed this chapter and I should update tomorrow or the next day. Bye bye