20. Chocolate boy vs playboy

Althea

It was a fangirl moment for an archaeological intern.

I was so absorbed in the view of the greatest king ever, that I didn't notice the twitch in master invader's jaw.

Alexander had soft curls of orangish hair, which I couldn't figure out how. The face that looked too young.

Historians described him as rash, reckless, one who did whatever it took to expand his territory. But right now, my thoughts were muddled over his appearance.

Alexander was... cute?

He wasn't as tall as the warlord but was built like dynamite. It was undoubtedly the cause of his superb physical endurance in the wars.
His features were boyish compared to Julian, who looked more like a man.

All in all, Alexander was a chocolate boy while Julian looked a playboy.

To my surprise I impressed him, "The great?" he asked amused,
"I am Alexander III of Macedon, Mila, not Alexander the Great yet."

But I would have none of it, for the history enthusiast I was. What's better than boosting the groundbreaking leader's ego?

"You are the greatest ruler of all times. Haven't you pledged to conquer the world?" I beamed and continued, "What about the Gordian knot? You were the only one to untie it."

Both didn't expect this incident to be reiterated by a captive woman like me. To say it merely shocked them was an understatement.

"How.. do you know?" Alexander stalked forward in interest but stopped, sensing Julian's deadly stare.

This was probably the best opportunity to showcase my writing identity,

"I am a writer," I replied, smiling widely before diving into my treasure trove,

"The Gordian knot was one of the most complex knots used by Gordius of the Gordium kingdom. Legend stated whoever untied it would be the greatest ruler of Asia. And who could accomplish it except you?" I squealed excitedly. "It was officially the moment you became Alexander the Great!"

Alexander couldn't help breaking into a hearty laugh at my assumptions. The assumptions he didn't know were 100% real.

"I like this woman, Julian," he chuckled. "Damn, she has wisdom there."

"Boosting one's ego isn't wisdom, Alexander. Moreover, you sliced through the knot with your sword when you couldn't untie it," Julian grinned.

Although he was correct, I didn't know what was provoking my inner debater. "But still he did it. I know for a fact he will be the greatest ruler the world would ever see. He would stop at nothing, he-"

"Althea!" I zipped up at master invader's lethal roar.
"One more word, and I swear you'll regret your very existence!"

My fangirl self had gone too far.

"Relax Julian. It's rare we come across such woman," he turned to me,

"And where might you be from? You don't look Egyptian to me." no doubt Alexander had the keenest eyes.

"I am from a small village of Greece," I mumbled for the barbarian's stare that was weighing me down.

"And what were you involved in before the annexation?" he asked. I knew he was merely checking if I was a threat or not.

"I wrote in the praise of her Majesty Queen Cleopatra," I replied. His eyes narrowed.

"Your father's another woman? But she's already dead, right?" Julian elbowed him in the side. Alexander's nose flared in distaste.