28. Skeletons in his closet

Althea

"We Macedonians! -----
"Wohooooo!"

"Will you stop hooting, Cheryl?" I sighed.

"I can't listen to anything that Alexander's saying, man," Lorenzo screeched.

"Cheryl, at least write everything down, whatever he's saying!" Aarmen yelled.

"To relieve this beautiful world from slavery-
Wohoooo- Everyone will be their own mas-"

Silence

"Hello?" I asked, fiddling with the compass in my hand.

"Wait, who removed her from the call?" Lorenzo shrieked.

"I did," came Dunkin's voice,

"Dude, she's crazy. So crazy she's refusing to tell anything about Alexander whenever I call her. Says we have to read her travelogue after returning to our century," he complained.

"And what are you writing, if I may ask?" I raised a brow.

"If I tell, you all would come rushing to my residence and I don't want that," he stated.

"No wonder you're crazier than Cheryl," Lorenzo retorted.

"Possessive much?" Dunkin shot back.

"Hey Aarmen, I heard you're taking lessons from Euclid? I mean, when we've got extra smart buddies like Newton and Einstein's theories, what's the need?" Lorenzo successfully diverted the topic.

"You should know Newton was influenced by Euclid only," Aarmen responded.

"It's a whole treasure for me, bro. To study directly under a mathematician who affected many intelligent heads. Ah, now that includes me too,"

"What a lucky chap he is. Found his prodigal buddies here as well," Lorenzo snickered.

"What is he currently teaching, though?" I asked, in amusement.

"He isn't that famous presently, if I may tell. It's just a bunch of geometry enthusiastic kids. Oh, and he's teaching all sorts of angles, planes, even has his own ways of perceiving space, time and shapes," he explained.

"Wow, that's interesting," I exclaimed. It was much better than having your heart jump every now and then at the sight of a devilish warrior.

"Okay guys, I'll take my leave. Gotta work on the stuff Euclid's neglecting. I can accommodate that and maybe make my own theorem someday called Aarmen's theory of-"

"Who removed him from the call?! He was telling some interesting stuff!" I snapped.

"Wouldn't have stopped anytime soon Cors, relax. Anyway, uh Dunkin? As you have told, man, it's too risky for a contraceptive measure. I just can't put that thing on my-"

An awkward silence filled the receiver.

"Uh- Coretta, could you leave the call babe?"

"Yeah sure!" I ended the call in a second. It wouldn't be a surprise if Lorenzo takes advantage of this warrior status and starts some concubine association.

The room was much spacious than my previous one, with a little wooden table as a writing desk and papers made of leaves. There was a huge window which gave a breathtaking view of the palace complex.

In the distance, I could also spot a marketplace, some green areas stretched wide across, probably leading to the banks of Nile and a very colourful area that I yet had to discover.