Chapter 5 - Devin

Holy shit the Stone twins aren't even really twins at all. They are triplets! And damn is their sister one of the hottest wolves I have ever seen. I love me a girl with piercings and tattoos. I wonder if she has any tattoos she was hiding under that sexy dress she had hugging her curves. I'm still staring at the door thinking about that fine ass that just walked away when Ryder loses his shit. "Everyone our now!" He roars, and people begin to scatter. Surprisingly it doesn't take long to empty house party when a kings makes an order. Before we know it we have an empty house again. As soon as everyone is completely gone Ryder turns on Ethan and Evan. "What the actual fuck guys?" He growls at them. "You are triplets and you have a sister?" Ryder grabs fistfuls of his hair as he rants. "Man did I look like a tool when I told her we were practically brothers. Brothers actually know if their brothers have siblings." Ryder begins pacing and running his hands through his hair while Ethan and Evan just remain silent.

"For real guys, I think it's time you started talking." Ellis adds with his arms crossed over his chest. "Yeah we have to-" "-agree with him on that one." I start to say, with Dom finishing. We all wait in complete silence till Evan says sadly. "I guess we might as well all sit down. It's a long story, and going to take some time to explain." We all move the furniture back from their places against the walls and sit down. Ethan and Evan take the two recliners. I take the left side of the couch with my brother in the middle and Ellis on right. We all wait for Ryder to sit down and when he finally settles its on the floor in front of me. I let him lean back against my legs for back support. I can tell he is feeling upset right now and I am sure leaning against him is bringing him a little comfort. At first I think they are going to chicken out when silence passes between us for a long time after we all sat down. Then with a shared nod from Evan to Ethan, Ethan starts talking.

"Yes we are triplets with Everlee." He states letting that sink in. "How come we never knew?" Ellis asks. "That's a good question and first let me state that I am sorry we never told any of you." He says this looking right at Ryder before looking the rest of us in the eyes. It's clear he feels really bad about keeping it from us. "When we were ten years old we lost our mother." Ethan chokes out. "Yeah I remember. Humans with guns right?" Dom says. "Right. Except what you don't know is that the night she was murdered Everlee was with her." Wow, that is crazy. If our little brother Tyson had to witness our mom died and I wasn't to protect him from it I would feel terrible. Not to mention, if our mom was killed in front of me, Id be a broken mess. Poor Everlee. "Our mom shifted to save Everlee. The men responsible wanted our mom to hand over Everlee to them. We don't know exactly why, Everlee was ten and a mess when she told us the story. We assume they wanted her for human trafficking. Or something along those lines. Everlee was always such a beautiful little girl." None of us can help the snarl that leaves our chests. "This doesn't explain why we as your best friends didn't even know you had a sister." Ryder says clearly annoyed still for them keeping this secret from him. "I'm getting there." Ethan snaps back.

"Anyways, after we lost our mom, our fathers kind of lost it. Mom was their fated mate. A lot of people worried our fathers wouldn't survive the loss of our mom at all. In a way they didn't. They blamed themselves for moms death and the fact that they almost lost their princess that night as well. That's what our fathers always called Everlee. Especially Luke who we think is her biological father. He took it really hard. Kept saying he was a failure as a father, a husband, and a beta. In their eyes, they should have protected them both better even though no one could of seen it coming. Evan and I weren't much better." He says looking at Evan with sadness in his eyes. Evan seeing Ethan was struggling took over. "We were all so heart broken over mom That is took us awhile to realize Everlee was struggling. She wasn't eating or sleeping and our fathers were at a loss on how to deal with a grieving child. They couldn't fix Everlee when they could barely fix themselves. At the time Catrina was Everlee's best friend and Everlee and her weren't even talking. One day Catrina's mom who is a family friend came over to talk to our fathers and us when she saw how bad we all were coping. She made a suggestion, she said our fathers should send Everlee to an all girls academy. She told them that the academy would know how to help Everlee. That they could raise her into a proper pack princess and my fathers could go back to running the pack without the distraction. After she left we watched as our fathers talked over the idea. When they both agreed that maybe it would be best to send Everlee away we got into a big fight with them. We begged them not to separate us. Everlee was ours to protect and cherish. She was a part of the Stone triplets." Evan said his voice becoming rough with emotion so Ethan took over again.

"Everlee was considered the runt when she was born. Our parents didn't even know she was in there till we were all born. The pack doctor was surprised she missed her and was surprised when she came out after us. I have seen pictures, she was so tiny my fathers could practically hold her in their hands. Where some packs would have been embarrassed of Everlee, my parents cherished her. Mom always said she was her miracle daughter. She would always tell us all that one day Everlee was going to do great things. She believed that Everlee was capable of a normal life. With girls being so rare these days, our family spoiled Everlee like the princess we always told her she was. So you can imagine that when it came time to tell her that they were sending her away, it went over real well." Rubbing the back of his neck with his left hand he then sighed. "They ended up still sending her away to school half way across the country." Ethan said. "Kicking and screaming." Evan added in. "They had to chart a private plane because she didn't make it easy. Air lines don't let screaming banshee children on their planes screaming. If they tried people probably would have though they were kidnapping her or something." Ethan said with a far off look like he was remember it. "So why the secret sister?" My brother asks.

"Well, my fathers were paranoid that someone sent those guys after Everlee. They thought she wasn't safe with us. So they decided to keep her safe that we wouldn't mention her anymore. They told our pack to not talk about her for her safety and no one goes against their alpha and beta. We didn't just lose our mom when she died, we lost our sister as well." Ethan said putting his head in his hands. "We only saw Everlee on Christmas after that. Since we had to fly out there to see her. It was only for a day or two and not nearly long enough, but the alpha and beta can't be away from the pack for too long. She was always so distant after they sent her away. She didn't run to us for hugs and kisses. She was so formal with us when ever we seen her. I barely recognized my sister. She wasn't the carefree little girl who would jump on our backs for piggy back rides anymore. It was like she was replaced with a robot Everlee." Evan said gripping the arm rests of the chair he was in. Realizing he was doing it he let go and continued on with the story. "The last two Christmas breaks she spent with her best friend Taylor's family instead of us flying out there. My fathers were heart broken she didn't want to see them, but respected her wishes anyways. I know they felt guilty sending her away like they did. They would send her lots of money and gifts."

"Our fathers are going to flip that she is home. She must have decided now that she is eighteen, to attend college in Anderson instead of the school my fathers wanted her to go to. I wonder if they even know." Ethan says. "I understand why you didn't tell us, but I wish you did." I tell them. Honestly this seems like a heavy weight to bare. I can't believe they didn't tell us before. I can imagine carrying around all this had to be taking a toll. "So what now?" My brother asks. "We don't let Troy near her again." Ryder says smacking his right fist with his left hand. Looking around I see everyone nodding with him in agreement. That is something we definitely all agree on.