Chapter 6 - Everlee

Monday

Monday morning I am awakened by the sound of my alarm. I wake up feeling so excited. First day of college and I already got the awkward greeting with the brothers over with. Friday night was both fun and rough. I was having a blast with La La before the twins and their super hot friends showed up. On the way home that night La La kept apologizing and when we got to our dorm she held me while I cried it out. After two days of relaxing and talking it out with La La, I feel so much better. My brothers weren't going to stand in my way of my happiness.

I decided to major in the pack health studies. My mom before she had us triplets used to be a nurse so I always knew I wanted to go into the health field. Except I am trying to become a therapist. I honestly think if we had one when mom died, I wouldn't have been so alone and my family wouldn't have broken so much. When I got shipped off to Adams, I was such a broken shell of the girl I once knew. After meeting Taylor and becoming friends I met Taylor's mom who helped me a lot to heal. She got me the bet therapist she could find and didn't even bat an eye when they asked if she was going to pay for it. The therapist really helped me and ever since I decided it's what I needed to do with my life. I want to be the one that helps make sure that no family gets broken like mine again. Even though I'm excited for my health study classes, I am most excited by my last class of the day. I got myself in advance combat class. I had to prove I had a lot of prior combat experience to get in but that was easy. I took a lot of those classes where I used to live.

I know what most people are probably thinking and that is, who needs combat lessons to become a therapist. No one, I have taken combat lessons and self defense classes since I was ten. It has become a hobby of mine, and I absolutely love doing it. I maybe small compared to most shifters, but I can take down guys twice my size. Maybe even three times my size. I have been trained to do so. It also has come in handy in the past. This one time a guy got a little handsy in the club. When he couldn't take no for answer I laid him flat on his ass. Some guys just don't know that no means no and need a little reminding. I get dressed in a pair of black skinny ripped jeans, a turquoise corset top, and complete the outfit with these cute pair of high heels that look like sharks. I decide since I have combat class today to braid my hair into two tight Dutch braids. I know I shouldn't keep my hair long when I do a lot of combat, being that it can be considered a weakness, but my mom loved my hair long and I can't bring myself to chop it. I usually just trim it so it stays the length it is. I apply a little eyeliner and some mascara to make my eyes pop and I'm out the door in record time to get breakfast.

I make it through most of my morning without seeing any of the schools kings. I am thankful that none of them seem to be in the medical field because I haven't had to share a single class with any of them. I have to admit I am attracted to some of the kings though. What girl wouldn't be though, they were all very drool worthy. Just because I find them attractive though, doesn't mean I am going to go after all of them. Besides the fact if I touch them and they aren't my mate it will just be another disappointment, they are friends with my brothers. Which sends up all kinds of red flags. I am thinking about the guys on my walk to the cafeteria when I bump into someone and nearly fall on my ass. I am caught before I completely fall to my ass, so I can the least I can do is thank the brick wall of a guy for that. I look up and find Troy. Now Troy is very much a hottie that I should stay away from. Not only is it clear my brothers and him have beef, but I already know he has a mate. Though I feel sorry for anyone who has to put up with that bitch Catrina for the rest of their lives. Part of me, the little girl who used to torment her brothers, wants to push my brothers buttons by seeing Troy. But another part of me can see he is trouble and not mine. I really should walk away.

I am just about to say excuse and continue on my way when I hear a growl behind me. Looking over my shoulder I see the kings and immediately I am frustrated again about how they feel like they can control my life. I turn back to look at Troy and give him a sweet smile. "I'm sorry Troy, I wasn't watching where I was going." I say taking a small step back and out of his embrace. "That's okay sweetheart. You can fall into my arms any time." Troy says with a wink. I can hear more growling behind me and someone telling my brothers it's not worth it. Yeah tell me about it buddy, I've never been worth much to them anyway. I start to continue walking to the cafeteria for food when Troy grabs my hand before I can get too far. "Everlee, would you like to have lunch with me?" He asks with a grin on his face. Clearly he thinks highly of himself because when I shake my head no he doesn't hide the shock from his expression. "Sorry but I am meeting up with my roommate. Catch ya later Troy." I turn and walk away before he can even say anymore. I let out a huge sigh of relief when he doesn't grab me again or follow me. I just don't want to be in the middle of his and my brothers drama. I have enough drama in my own life thank you.