Chapter 9 - Everlee

When my alarm goes off in the morning I awake to realize, that yet again another night I slept without nightmares. If this is what college is going to be like, I should have come here sooner. Stretching, I remember my little fantasy from the night before. It was hot and all but I need to stay away from the kings. I just feel like it could cause me a lot of pain or trouble if I get involves emotion or physically with any of them. But just because I can't be with them doesn't mean I still can't tease and show them what they are missing out on. I decide to dress to impress. So, I begin to go through my closet looking for the perfect sexy outfit to wear for the day. I decide to pick out one of my crop tops, and a short jean skirt. Dressing in the dark purple crop top with a skull made out of butterflies on the front and a light colored jean skirt, I finish the outfit off with a pair of six inch black corset dress sandals. This is the perfect outfit because it gives people a glimpse of my belly button piercing. It's a cute little skull with purple gemstone eyes and I just love it.

"You really have a shoe for every occasion, don't you?" La La says from my bed room door way. "Of course I do! I am obsessed with shoes!" I tell her as I put on some eyeliner with a killer wing and some mascara. La La comes up behind me and starts to run a brush through my hair. "I am so nervous." She tells me as she brushes my hair. I actually really enjoy when people play with my hair. My mom used to always brush my hair every morning and night, and it reminds me of her. "There is nothing to be nervous about La La." I tell her grabbing her hand and taking the brush from her to set it down. "They are going to love you." I tell her giving her a hug. Yup, she definitely has rubbed off on me. "I really hope so, I have been crushing on them since I first seen them walk across the quad." She tells me, and now I suddenly realize why she knew so much stuff about the kings. I tend to find out everything I can about the guys I am attracted to as well. I think it is a girl thing.

"So I will find you at lunch and we will go find the kings together. Honestly, I know you are scared but I think you should just go for it and kiss one of them. Rip the band aid right off." I tell her. After all it's how we know for sure someone is our mate. I did a lot of research when I first realized what my power or gift was. So, I can pretty much tell anyone, anything they want to know about a mate bond. Mates are always immediately attracted to each other, of course you can be attracted to someone who isn't your mate so that isn't always a good indication that someone is your mate. To know for sure someone is meant to be your mate, a shifter has to kiss them. Their animal will immediately recognize their mate with a kiss. Of course finally, to seal a mate bond, the couple must give a mate bite during sex. I found it all to be very fascinating, especially with my gift, which is why I did months of research on it and my senior paper.

"You want me to just walk up to a guy you just introduced me to and kiss him?" She asks me, and by the tone of her voice you can tell she clearly thinks I am insane. "Why not La La? I already know for sure they are your mates, so its not like they will get mad." I say with an eye roll. "Have you ever been wrong?" She asks biting her lip. Clearly she is worried that I am just building her hopes up. "No, I have never been wrong." I tell her, looking her straight in the eye so she understands I mean it. "Okay. I can do this." "Yes, you can! I will be there with you the whole time. There is only one question you have to ask yourself." I tell her waiting to see if she takes the bait. "Oh? And what question might that be?" Bingo! Hook line and sinker. "Which one will you kiss first?" I tell her with a wink. "Oh no! I don't know which one to chose." She says, grabbing me like its the biggest decision of her life. "Easy! Ethan. He is the alpha, and the crankiest. See ya at lunch!" I say as I walk out the door.

The morning goes by fast and before I know it, it is time for lunch. I find La La in the cafeteria, and we grab some lunch it's mostly me who eats real quick before we have to go looking for the kings, because La la says she is too nervous to eat. When we do go looking for the kings it isn't hard to find them. Not only do they sit at the same picnic table everyday, there is a group of girls surrounding them. "Ever look at that huge group of girls over there with them. Let's try again later. I am already to nervous anyway." La La says pulling on my arm and stopping me from walking over there. "Trust me love I got this." I reassure her before putting on my best bitch face and approaching the guys. "Beat it ladies. I need to speak to my brothers." Some tall skinny blonde bitch thinking she is all that gets up in my face. "You don't own them, just because they are your brothers." She sneers at me and it takes everything in me not to rip her fucking face off. I can be the bigger person, sometimes. Letting out my best growl I step closer to her so we are nose to nose. Thank god for tall ass heels and the fact she isn't wearing any. "You do not want to make an enemy out of me right now. In case you didn't hear, I am the bitch who beat Troy Stark in advanced combat class. Still want to tell me who I own?" I wouldn't be surprised if this idiot pisses herself she starts shaking she is so scared. "No. S-s-ssory. We were ju-ju-just leaving." She stammers before grabbing her closest friends and booking tail out of there. All the girls are quick to follow and it is so funny both La La and me started laughing.

"Not nice Everlee Ray." Ethan says to me, but even he can't hide the slight grin on his face. I simply shrug. I don't care if people think I am nice. "What do you need Everlee?" Evan asks me like he is suspicious. Well shit I cant just come over and introduce my friend that certainly isn't normal behavior from me. "Well I came over to tell you that I will no longer be hanging out with Troy. I know you and him have some kind of rivalry and frankly I don't want to be apart of all that drama. You asked me to stay away, so I am going to listen." All the guys seem to be shocked by this. "Really?" Ethan asks skeptically. "Yes really. I can take advice you know." I say rolling my eyes. "Thank you." Both brothers say at the same time and I quickly change the subject before things get sappy. "Hey by the way have you met my roommate and best friend La La?" I ask the guys as I shove La La a little too hard so that she practically falls into Ethan's lap. "Uh, hi?" La La says as she looks up into Ethan's eyes. "Hey nice to-" Before Ethan can even finish that sentence she leans up and kisses him and I am so proud she did it. I almost expected she wouldn't. As soon as the kiss breaks, Ethan is growling out. "Mine!" His eyes more wolf than man. Gasps sound off around the group of friends so I join in so no one expects anything. "That is so great guys!" I say like I am so happy for them to just find that out, and not at all like I knew the whole time. "Yeah bro congratulations." Ryder says followed by the others. I look over to see that Evan is staring at La La and Ethan like a sad puppy dog. I decide to give them a little boost.

"You know Evan, I did my senior paper on fated mates last year. Did you know that often if one of the mates has a twin, their twin is usually also a mate?" Evan glances at me with such hope in his eyes that I have never been more grateful to have my gift to know that I am right about this. "Really?" Evan asks me. I nod my head yes and wait to see what they are going to do. When male wolves find their mate they are very territorial. They won't let any other male near them till they left their mated mark, unless their mate has more than one fated mate. It's weird how our wolves know who are fated mates are if our fated mates has others. Which multiple mates happens more often with wolves than any other shifter because we seem to produce more males, than females. My mom had two mates, but my father Marcus, he has a sister who has three. You never know, till it happens just how many fated mates you have.

"Um, Ethan, would it be okay if I kiss Evan to see?" La La asks him gently, probably afraid he is going to go all you can't touch her she is mine. Ethan looks to her, then over to Evan, then back over to her before he answers. "I guess so. BUT, only Evan. None of these other guys get to touch you." He says, as he pulls her closer. Evan doesn't even bother trying to remove her from Ethan's arms. He just leans down to press his lips to hers. We all watch in suspense like a bunch of perverts while my best friend kisses my other brother. As soon as they break away from each other Evan growls out a mine just like Ethan. We all clap and say our congratulations again. La La looks so extremely happy sandwiched between my brothers that it's moments like this, where I finally connect fated mates, that makes me love my gift. Whether its dangerous or not. It just makes my heart super happy to make others so happily in love.

"Well I got class so I guess I better go. La La I will see you later back at the dorm." I tell her with a smile. I turn to walk away but before I can get very far I hear her all out my name. I spin around to see what she has to say. "See ya later, sister." She says throwing a wink my way. I give her the biggest smile before responding. "See ya later, sister." I say blowing her a kiss before walking away. As I walk away, before I get out of hearing range, I hear both twins say at the same time. "Oh shit! Our mate is best friends with our sister. We are so screwed." I can't but laugh as I hurry to my next class.