Chapter 14 - Devin

I wave awkwardly back to the girls when they wave to us before getting into the other car. Watching Everlee walk out of the dorms made me instantly hard, and I try to discretely adjust myself without the others seeing. I swear this girl is trying to give us all a heart attack, looking that delicious in a crop top and little tiny pair of shorts. I put the car in drive and follow Ethan to the bowling alley. Some how I drew the short end of the stick and got to be the designated driver tonight for our car. Which isn't fair because we are going to a shifter friendly bowling alley. Shifter friendly places means they will serve shifters if they are eighteen or older, since in the shifter community eighteen is a legal adult.

Once we reach the parking lot, we all exit our cars and gather in a group in the parking lot. I notice Ethan and Evan have the girls between them, I guess their going to be over protective tonight. I don't blame them, if I had a mate and a sister like Everlee, I would be over protective too. "So how we going to set up the lanes?" My brother asks. "Well there is eight of us so four and four." I suggest. "And how do we pick who goes where?" Ryder asks. "The same way we did when we were younger." Ellis says, "With team captains." We all laugh and decide that Ryder and Ethan will be captains. After all they are the alphas. Ethan goes first and of course picks Delilah, which Ryder follows up with picking Everlee saying that splitting the girls up makes it fair competition. I don't believe him, he just wanted to have Everlee next to him. After that Ethan ends up picking Evan while Ryder picks Ellis, and finally Ethan picks Dom and Ryder gets me. "Sure spilt up the twins." Dom grumbles as he walks over to join Ethan's group.

We enter the bowling alley and I watch as Everlee looks all around with wonder on her face. "Have you ever been bowling before?" I ask her, watching her jump as my voice pulls her out of her wonder. "Oh yeah plenty, but nothing like this with the flashing lights and loud music. This looks like so much fun!" She says excitedly, and the little happy dance she does has to be one of the cutest things I have ever seen. "Well come on. Let's pay for our lanes and get our shoes." Ethan says as he heads towards the counter. After we are all paid for and shoes in hand we had to lanes twelve and thirteen like the attendant told us and set up the lanes. Ryder starts entering our names Ry, El, and Dev when he gets to Everlee he turns to look at her. "Everlee do you want it to say anything special or just Everlee?" He asks her, and she looks up from tying her shoes. "Oh you can put Ever. In fact you guys can call me Ever, it's what all my friends call me." She says with a shrug like its no big deal, but to my friends and I that's huge. She is finally considering us friends. "Okay Ever." Ryder says with a smile before turning back and entering her name. "Do you need help picking a ball?" I ask Everlee as we stroll towards the available balls. "No just point me in the direction of the smaller balls." She says with a giggle before bouncing off to where Ellis pointed. "I love that giggle." I say watching her pick out a bowling ball. "Same." Ellis responds. While we are picking out balls Dom has gone to the bar and gotten the group pitchers of beer and lots of shots. "Wow Dom you trying to get everyone white girl wasted?" I laugh. "I got you and Ethan pepsi." He says as he points to two cups. "Thanks bro."

Once we get going, bowling is a lot of fun. Watching Ever with her brothers is good to see as well. You can tell they were once very close. Between the inside jokes, and the way they tease each other during their turns, you can barely tell they were ever apart. The beer shots seem to help loosen up Ever a lot because she is even kind of flirty with us. We all are having a good time, my friends and I being sure to make sure we respect Ever's boundaries, when the annoying clinger arrives. "Hey kings. How goes it?" Catrina says, practically throwing herself at first Ryder and than Ellis. I take a step behind Ever before she can throw herself at me. This girl has been practically stalking Ryder, Ellis, my brother and I ever since she was disappointed to find Ethan and Evan mated. I guess we were next on her list of bachelors she is interested in. "You weren't invited." Ever says, crossing her arms and glaring in Catrina's direction. "I just came over to say hi to my favorite guys." Catrina says with the fakest smile on her face. Catrina and Ever have history. Not only did they use to be best friends and Catrina didn't bother to keep up the friendship when Ever was sent away, but Ethan and Evan told us it was Catrina's mother who suggested they send off Ever. Clearly Ever hasn't forgiven Catrina for any of it. "Go away Catrina, we were having fun before you came over, and I don't know about these guys, but I personally don't like fake people." Ever says getting up in Catrina's face, well the best she can. She isn't wearing her high heels and it makes her a lot shorter than Catrina. "Rude Everlee. You can't just waltz back into your brother's lives and tell them and their friends whom they can be friends with because you don't like me." Ever uncrosses her arms and takes a step back. "You're right, I don't own any of them. However, I don't have to be here while you are." She says before walking past Catrina and walking away.

"Hey Ever don't leave." I yell after her, but she just waves me off before entering the restroom. I am so frustrated that all the process we made with Ever tonight was ruined by Catrina that when I turn to see her batting those fake eyelashes at us with a big smile on her face, I just talk before I think. "Catrina can you just go?" I say with a slight growl. I feel a little bad at the hurt look on her face, but I am not going to take it back. We didn't invite Catrina, I don't know why she is even here. I don't see any of her friends here. The only thing I can think of is she heard we were going bowling so she decided to show up and to me that is kind of stalkerish. "Wow Dom. You can be a real ass." She says calling me my brother's name which just pisses me off more. "It's Devin, and yeah I guess I can be." I tell her crossing my arms. Honestly at this point I am regretting being the DD. I could really use being drunk to deal with this bimbo. Catrina and I are in an epic stare down when Ryder takes over. Of course leave it to Ryder to be the political and nice one. "Catrina, he isn't trying to be mean, it's just we want to be fair to Ever, and you two don't get along. We brought her here with us tonight. So I think it is only fair that we make plans with you some other time." He tells her. Placating her and trying to get her to leave. She bites her lip and thinks about it a second. "I totally understand Ryder, you have to be nice to your best friend's sister after all." She tells him batting her eyelashes at him like she thinks its sexy. Honestly to me she just looks like she is having a seizure. "Okay Ryder, you got my number. I will be waiting for you to call or text me for our date." With that she kisses his cheek before waving goodbye and literally skipping out the door before anyone of us could say anything else.

"What just happened?" Ryder says still staring at the door. "I think you just made a date." Ellis says snickering. "Hell no." Ryder says wiping his cheek like he is trying to wipe away the germs of her kiss, causing us all to laugh. I was just about to tease him some more when I look across the room to the bar to see Ever leaning away from someone. I can't help the loud growl that leaves my chest when I realize who that someone is. Everyone turns to see what has pissed me off and I fear for Troy when Ethan and Evan realize who is talking to their sister. Ethan and Evan are over at the bar so fast you would have thought they were vampires with the speed they used. The rest of us follow closely behind and I watch as La La moves Ever farther away from the three men. My guess is La La is using her mate bond to know what the guys are feeling. She is probably predicting a fight about to happen. "Really Rock twins? I didn't see or hear your sister call you over. We were just talking. Weren't we sweetheart?" He says eyeing up Ever like she is a snack. I guess our fun relaxing night is over. It was fun while it lasted.