Chapter 17 - Everlee

A loud noise wakes me from a dead sleep. Sitting straight up to a dark room, causing the room to spin. It takes me awhile to remember how I got here. Last thing I remember is Ethan picking me up to take me home. Looking around I realize that I am in my dorm room and I breathe out a sigh of relief. I am just wondering what woke me when I hear La La scream. Throwing my blankets off I dart out of my room and race across my dorm to where La La's room is. What I find in my best friends room is a picture that is going to haunt me for the rest of my life. "Oh jesus no." I say before spinning around. I just walked in my on best friend getting tagged team by my brothers and I think I am going to be sick. I place my right hand over my mouth and my left over my stomach to stop the sick feeling in my stomach. "What the fuck Ever!" Evan screams as my best friend laughs. Traitor. This isn't even the least bit funny. "I didn't know you two were here!" I defend myself. "That doesn't mean you can just walk in on people." Evan says. "Okay one, The door wasn't even such you heathens! And two, how was I suppose to know that when I was woken from a deep sleep, by my best friend screaming, that she wasn't in danger and my brothers were fucking her!" I yell back and Ethan groans. "Could you leave and shut the door on your way out?" Ethan says. "Yes!" I respond quickly and reach for the handle. I leave them to have their threesome in peace. Shudders. No sister wants to see her brothers like that. I grab a water bottle from the fridge before heading back to my room. As soon as I am in my room I take some Tylenol and force myself to drink the whole bottle of water just in case of hangovers in the morning. I grab my noise canceling headphones that are much needed, and put on some music to fall asleep to.

It takes me awhile to fall asleep after that. Between my room spinning from drinking and the fact I need to bleach my eyes and brain, I have a hard time falling asleep. When I finally fall asleep I end up having that same nightmare. The alley we turned down leads to the pizza place and I am just bragging to Mom about how amazing my new purple dress is when a stranger steps out in front of us. I don't know this man, but I know he isn't from the gun he is holding in his hand. One sniff tells me he is human, and he smells bad. Like he desperate needs a shower. "Look at you pretty girls." The man says pointing the gun at us and I am starting to get scared. "What do you think Jimmy?" He asks out loud and another man appears. He too has a gun and I don't even resist when I feel mom push me behind her. "I bet we could get a pretty penny for that little one on the black market." One of the men say and I know they are talking about selling me. I wish Daddy was here to hold me, or Father to beat these guys up, and I really want Eth and Ev right now. I slowly move closer to Mommy. I don't like these smelly men and I am really frightened. "Please. You can have all my money. My keys to my car. Anything. Just leave us alone." My mom tells them. "I don't know, I think your little girl could get us a lot more money. What do you think Ed?" "Id have to agree with my partner here. Pretty little girls go for a fortune on the black market." Before I can even realize what is happening Mommy has shifted and is lunging at one of the men. I flinch as I watch her rip out his throat. Suddenly there are bullets being fired and I cover my ears and close my eyes because the sound is so loud. When I reopen them Mommy is on the ground in her wolf form, next to one of the men's still body. I crawl on my hands and knees over to where my mom is. There is so much blood and I have to crawl through it to get to mommy. I can feel tears pouring down my face as I realize some of the blood is coming from Mommy's wolf. I cover Mommy's wolf body with my little human one and shake her. "Mommy, get up Mommy. We need to go find Daddy, Father, and Brothers. We got to bring home the pizza." I tell her but she doesn't change back and tell me it's going to be okay. She doesn't get up and take my hand. So I grab hers in mine. It's then that I notice her form changed back to human which isn't a good sign. We heal better in our wolf form, I learned that in my health class. "Mommy I love you. Please get up. I need you. Please Mommy. Say something. I love you!" I plead with her to just say something or do something to let me know she is okay. Her breathing stops and she becomes so still. I start screaming for someone to help us, but no one is coming. I am just screaming and crying but no one comes and I am just so very alone...