Chapter 13 - Everlee

The day went by super fast but was filled with lots of laughs and love. La La and I had an amazing time. We went out to lunch, did some shopping, and even had a girls day at the spa that reminded me of the last day I seen my mom. I still have anxiety walking down the street at night, which La La understood so she made sure we made it back to the dorm before dark. For dinner I made my famous spaghetti and meatballs and we had a nice relaxing dinner with some wine. Now it is seven thirty and I just finished my shower and I am currently standing in my closet in a towel trying to decide what one wears to cosmic bowling.

"La La!" I call out. "Can you come here please?" I hear La La enter my room before she responds. "What's wrong?" She asks and I smile when I turn and see her standing in one of my brother Ethan's favorite band t shirts. "I was going to ask you what to wear, but it seems you are just going to wear my brother's clothes." I tease her. She shoves me as she comes in and I laugh to see her blushing. "Oh stop, I just got out of the shower and threw something on while I was drying my hair." She explains and I giggle thinking it is funny she feels the need to explain herself to me. "Sure, sure." I tease her some more. "But for real, what do I wear?" I ask her while worrying my lip between my teeth. She looks through my clothes while she talks. "I would just dress casually in a t shirt and shorts, but I don't have anyone to impress." She says, teasing me this time. I feel my face turning red. "I am not trying to impress anyone, I just want to spend time with you and my brothers." I quickly say. Maybe a little too quickly, but she lets it go.

I grab a Nirvana crop top that is black and says Nirvana across the chest in bright yellow letters and toss it on the bed. Next I hold up a black leather mini skirt, and a pair of daisy duke shorts showing them to La La. "Which one should I wear?" I ask her biting my lip. "Definitely the shorts." She replies. "They will be more comfortable to bowl in." I toss the shorts on the bed and move on to my extensive shoe collection. "I guess it doesn't matter what shoes, since we have to switch them to bowl." I say, looking over my collection. "Sure it does. You still have to wear them there and home." la La says giving me a wink. "Okay, then I guess I will go with these." I say holding up a pair of cute yellow open toed six inch heels that tie around the calf. "Those are adorable. Just throw socks in your purse for the bowling shoes." "Oh good suggestion." I say grabbing a pair of socks and tossing them into my purse. "Don't forget these either." I turn around to find La La holding up a sexy black lace push up bra and thong. I grab the under garments from her. "I am not getting laid tonight La La, unless it's by my own hand." I say laughing.

"Oh come on Ever. When was the last time you got laid?" La La asks innocently but I can't help the blush that creeps along my skin. "Don't tell me you still have your v card!" She says with her hand on her chest exasperated. "No I am not a virgin La La, it's just been a long time, and only one guy." I say the last part under my breath but being we are shifters she hears me anyway. "That's okay girl, just means you got to get back out there." She says reassuringly, but she just doesn't get it. I shake my head before explaining it to her. "I only slept with one guy because the last time when him and I did it, I felt so guilty the whole time during it. It was my current boyfriend at the time Jason. We had been together for a year before I turned sixteen and got my gift. I was heart broken when I first touched him and saw his mate and it wasn't me, but I didn't break up with him because I loved him. Which is probably selfish but I was sixteen and teenagers are selfish. It wasn't till the last time I slept with him did I realize that I couldn't ignore that I wasn't his mate. I just kept thinking how upset I would be if he was the mate finder and he stayed with me knowing we weren't meant to be. His mate was another girl in our school Lacey, who sometimes hung out with Taylor and I, and I knew she had a little crush on him even though he was my boyfriend. So, I broke up with him. After a few months after I realized I did the right thing, I was throwing a party at my apartment and I noticed both Jason and Lacey were there but neither of them were talking to each other. I just wanted Jason to be happy so I suggested we all play spin the bottle, and as luck would have it Jason landed on Lacey and the rest is history. Long story short though I don't ever want to feel like the other woman with someone again even though they won't know they have a mate waiting for them, I will. So, I am stuck waiting for my mate, or till I can be selfish and sleep with someone's mate." La La wrapped me up in a big hug before telling me, "It's okay Ever. If you want to wait for your mate that is understandable. Just wear the sexy lingerie for you. My momma always said dress to make yourself happy and that way you are always prepared for surprises." She says that last part with a wink.

"Oh look at the time!" She says rushing out my door. "We got to get ready!" I hear from her room and I chuckle at her antics. I get dressed in the outfit I picked out even going as far as to put on the sexy lingerie. Who am I to turn down my best friends momma's advice. I braid my hair in two long tight Dutch braids to keep it out of my face before giving myself a dramatic smokey eye look with dark browns and yellow tones. I slap my lace black choker around my neck and lace up my shoes around my calves and I am ready to go. I walk out of my room to find La La pacing near the door. "Why are you pacing?" I ask her and she halts to look at me. "Damn girl you look like sex on a stick." She tells me letting out a whistle. I laugh and look her over. She is wearing a tight emerald colored corset tank top that shows off her mate marks, with dark blue jean shorts, and a cute pair of sandals. Her makeup is done on the light side, but she honestly doesn't even need any, anyways. I once again get a pang of jealous at how model perfect she looks. It's not that I don't think I am pretty, because I am. It's just growing up the runt and being the smallest has made me very insecure in the shifting community. Before either of us can say anything else there is a knock on the door. La La opens it to find my brother Evan on the other side. Before she can even utter a hi, he has his lips locked to hers. "Dude, it wasn't even a full twenty four hours. Relax." I tell him jokingly. Honest I am happy they are so in love.

My brother breaks the kiss to look at me and immediately grits his teeth. "Go change Ever." I take a step back in astonishment. "What? You don't like the clothes I'm wearing?" La La and I exchange a look. I guess the over protective brothers are back. "Those aren't clothes Ever, they are scraps of fabric." He argues and I just roll my eyes. "But La La can wear what she wants." I say trying to prove a point. "La La is marked Ever, you aren't." I give my best friend the help me out here look and she rushes to help me. "Ev baby, leave your sister alone. You just started spending time together again, you don't want to push her away again." She tells him. This right here is why I love my best friend. She just knows the perfect things to say, like always. "Fine, but I don't have to like it." He says crossing his arms causing both La La to giggle. Honestly I am surprised the guys let La La still live here. I always thought the mate bond once sealed made it hard for mates to be apart. Then again a lot of the time La La is over at their place spending the night. Come to think of it I think I can count the amount of times this month since they completed to the bond that La La has slept in her own bed. I wouldn't be surprised if next semester she is moving in with the guys to finish school. Grabbing our purses, La La and I follow Evan out to Ethan's jeep. We give the other car a wave before climbing in. "Hey baby, Hey Ever." Ethan greets us as we buckle in. He looks at us in the review mirror and before I can even say hi back I hear, "What are you wearing?" La La and I both burst out laughing. It's going to be an interesting night.